“Show ok. Shame about the organization... And weather.”

Impression Sanjie Liu (Evening Showtime)
Book In Advance
$55.00*
Evening Show: Impression Sanjie Liu Show in Yangshuo including Hotel Transfer
$50.00*
Impression Sanjie Liu Show with Private Transfer from Yangshuo
$95.24*
and up
Private Tour Of Yangshuo Rural Village and Performance of The Impression Sanjie...
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Show runs daily. 1 hour in the evening. Can buy tickets easily in town from hotels, guides and agencies. Directed by Zhang Yi Mo. Chinese language not necessary
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

let me start by saying the show in itself was ok, probably a 4/5 however the whole experience was ruined by a number of things.
First there are airport style security scanners on entrance. Not a problem... Except when 3000 people are trying to get through the same 4 scanners. Chinese people (and my wife is of chinese origin and agrees) do not queue, so there was something of a crush and both her and my eldest daughter were upset to the point of tears. Not a good start.
Then we got shown to our seats. Our youngest is almost 5 so needs her own seat... But is under 1.1m tall so could go free. I paid for her to have a seat but one was not provided until I made a fuss. Those under 1.5m are half price but sit in front of you on a folding tiny chair.
What spoiled it as an enjoyable experience more than anything though was the rain. No cover is afforded to all but the 800 or so yuan VIP tickets - apart from a plastic poncho handed out on arrival. When the rain arrived it did so with gusto and fury. From the first note to about 5 minutes from the end. It was torrential and the lightning didn't help things.
Final point is the terrible organization for traffic. There is one road in and one out of the venue. Also there are 2 shows a night... So show one finishes, 3000 people leave... At the same time as 3000 people arrive for the second show. Logjam is not the word.
All in all though the show itself was pretty good. Just the organization and weather killed it for me.

3  Thank MorgyO
There are newer reviews for Impression Sanjie Liu (Evening Showtime)

Reviewed August 16, 2014

The theatre itself is very impressive. The background is a beautiful mountain, the stage is a lake. People row out on boats, there are lots of pretty lights, and I have no idea what happened with the story. It is very pretty though. A huge tip: Bring bug spray as I was eaten alive by mosquitos.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

A wonderful show by the director of the opening and closing ceremonies of Beijing Olympics and Raise and The Red Lantern. Not really my thing but it was amazing.

1  Thank hmc16
Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is a music and lights show put on by hundreds of local people, designed by the creator of the Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony. It's in an open-air amphitheatre over the Li River with the karst mountains as a backdrop - breathtaking - and lasts about 70 minutes. It's easy to pick up tickets with one of the many tour agencies in town or at your hotel. The show itself is simply stunning - the effort of the locals, costumes, props (e.g. long ribbons, lots of bamboo rafts), music (Including a beautiful song sang my local children I'm traditional dress) and lighting is phenomenal. There are 3 things that need improving; firstly the rest of the Chinese audience don't have much respect for other audience members, but if you don't let it get to you it's not that bad. Secondly, the cheapest seats are 180RMB: it's probably worth it, but it is expensive. Thirdly, it's obvious that some of the show is based around local legends etc, but there are no translations or hints of this. We only realised this because a local had told us earlier that in one ethnic minority, unmarried boys and girls sing to each other from separate peaks, and another minority are all famous for having very long hair. Both are represented in the show, but would have gone unnoticed if not for prior knowledge. Overall - worth seeing simply because it's so visually and audibly stunning!

2  Thank Rebecca M
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I´m a sucker for musical shows... I tend to go to all the plays I can...
i thought it was something like Cirq du Solei or something like that.... I simply had no idea how spectacular, beautiful and breath taking this show is. Just a few clues to prepare yourself:
1- Open theater..(3000 seats). the stage is a real lake, with stunning mountains.. which by itself is a beauty..., but when they light them in the show, you cannot believe it.
2- How they play with lights, music, dancing moves, water and more than 500 people on "stage" is really amazing
3.-the presicion everything is being performed... even the animals have rythm!..
4- the beauty of the concept,
5- amazing costumes
etc. etc. etc...
I even forgot that it was pouring!! I could not take my camera out because I feared drowning...
Never seen something like that show in my life....
So far? It has been one of the top top things/places I have had the pleasure of visiting in China.

1  Thank mimiMexico_df