“Not to be missed!”

Impression Sanjie Liu (Evening Showtime)
Book In Advance
More Info
$68.00*
and up
Evening Show: Impression Sanjie Liu Show in...
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Show runs daily. 1 hour in the evening. Can buy tickets easily in town from hotels, guides and agencies. Directed by Zhang Yi Mo. Chinese language not necessary
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had never seen anything like it before. We weren't lucky weather-wise during our stay in Yangshuo (rain). There were lots of people coming to watch the show but we had a pretty good seat and everyone closed their umbrellas once the show started. We were also given disposable raincoats on our way in. I had goosebumps when the show started.. the sight was so beautiful. We were told not to take photos/videos but I could see few people taking pictures anyway. It did not matter that we did not understand the song, the jokes because the overall show was way above it. I may not go back for the second time, but so glad I didn't miss the first!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,508)
All reviews
in 201 reviews
"stage"
in 140 reviews

Reviewed September 7, 2013

first things first "Mosquito repellent is a must" to be able to enjoy the great show.
the show setting on the lake was breathtaking to say the least, true we did not get what was going on or the storyline but we still enjoyed what we saw and it was magical

Reviewed September 7, 2013

The reputation of Zhang Yimou precedes this show which bears all the glamour and extravaganzia of the opening ceremony performance of the 2008 Beijing Olympics that Zhang directed. The advanced technology in the production is impressive, so also the sheer number of performers glittering around on the river turned into stage; however, disappointedly little is made of the natural beauty of the mountain features behind. The story line is simple, but the production falls short of bringing out the best of Chinese culture or heritage to excite the audience, particularly the foreign tourists.

In Yangshuo where there is little night life unless one wants to drown oneself in the Beer Street, this show is entertaining enough to spend the night. But I wouldn't return for the same performance, Indeed, after more than a decade on show, it is proabably time for a change in theme and production.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I tried really hard to enjoy the show but it was not worth the time or money by any standard. The people around me seemed to love it which makes me feel churlish about not giving it 5 stars. But having been "in the business" for a while, it was frustrating to see that people thought it was good just because it was associated with the creator of the opening ceremonies of the Beijing Olympics. Parts were brilliant but much of it was just "meh." I mostly enjoyed the chance to be with everyday Chinese people who were out for an evening of entertainment. I was by myself--and the family next to me insisted that I share one of their lotus flowers to eat during the performance. That made this performance worth experiencing. But if you skip it, you won't be missing a thing.

1  Thank jhartig1