“Ok show but there is much better in China”

Impression Sanjie Liu (Evening Showtime)
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Evening Show: Impression Sanjie Liu Show in...
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Show runs daily. 1 hour in the evening. Can buy tickets easily in town from hotels, guides and agencies. Directed by Zhang Yi Mo. Chinese language not necessary
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have to say first that it was raining the day we went to the show so it was reduced from 1h40 to just 1h. She show is ok but I feel it doesn't use enough the stunning location it is set in. There is like 3000 seats so make sure you book the one with hard back (yes, there are seats without back ...). Everyone in China kept telling me how amazing it was before we went there (maybe because it was set up by the famous Zhang Yimou) but I've seen better elsewhere in China. The scenes are not well connected to each other and there is not introduction so very difficult to understand what they are trying to tell. Will not go back for sure.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,481)
All reviews
in 13 reviews
in 199 reviews
in 138 reviews

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Duration of this show takes 2 hours plus to complete and the shows will be represent in the open air stage in the middle of the lake with colourful lightning but If the show end winter it was cool and also if we bought not VIP tikets we can't see clear the performance as it to far from the stage.Moreover the stage is far from the entrance door as we need to walk at least 20 minute to reach the stage.

1  Thank imah-man
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Absolutely loved this show, directed by the same man who directed the Beijing Olympic opening ceremony. The stage is the river, the backdrop is the breathtaking Yangshuo mountains. This incredible display unfortunately was very much impaired by the loud audience.

Now, I (currently) live and work in Beijing, have Chinese friends and coworkers, and was appalled at what I experienced. This show is not necessarily "cheap" by Chinese tourist standards, although affordable by western. But during the entire show, people talked to such a degree, my friend and I could not truly enjoy the show. I guess because the arena is outside, the crowd got too casual, but I was truly disappointed by the crowd's treatment of what should be a national treasure of cultural excellence.

3  Thank PaSunflower
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The show was OK but didn't live up to the hype. I think the people involved (made up of locals) have been doing the same routine for such a long time that they just looked a bit bored...

1  Thank Muriel C
See more reviews
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to this show one evening as part of our two-week guided tour in China in Nov., 2012. As stated - it was OK - but it had been "sold" to us as the greatest entertainment since the Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony - It's not. Oh, it was visually beautiful and and enjoyable at times. But - an interesting thing occurred to us. In the U.S. (and most of the world) the best seats in the house are at near/at the front. Here, our seats (the most expensive seats for the show) were high up on the very back of the huge bleachered amphitheater. Oh, we had wicker chairs to sit in instead of the backless bleachers lower down, but the price for sitting up high was that, even with binoculars, we could make out but little of the show except for the overall modest spectacle.