“A vegetarian sanctuary”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stumbled upon this lovely place accidentally, and as a vegetarian was thrilled to find a meat-free restaurant. I had spent two months in China and until I found Pure Lotus hadn't had the opportunity to try a vegetarian restaurant. I would have loved to have tried all of the dishes on the menu, there were so many, and all looked delicious.

The staff were very friendly, and spoke English. There was English on the menu, along with pictures, so that made things nice and easy. There were no hidden costs (when eating in other restaurants I've found myself being charged to use the bowls, chopsticks, napkins, and to drink the water they put on the table for you- but this wasn't the case here!), and I was even given a complimentary dish of peas and carrots to start, and an orange at the end of my meal.

The two tofu dishes that I ordered were delicious, and reasonably priced, working out at less than £3 per dish.

The restaurant is in a lovely location. I sat outside, overlooking the river. It had a lovely atmosphere, and was very nicely furnished. It's a shame I wasn't in Yangshuo for longer, I would have loved to have gone back.

Thank you Pure Lotus!

1  Thank Kitty_Pickers
There are newer reviews for Pure Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This vegetarian restaurant is a refreshing experience a midst the multitude of the typical Chinese restaurants. It serves only vegetables. A pleasant relief for Westerners who often require a concentrated effort to ensure that they are not about to encounter an unthinkable "food". The atmosphere is fantastic, a very good selection of wines and good tasting dishes. English menu available. For some reason the tea is expensive, but other dishes are reasonably priced.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Delicious food, lovely furnishings, attentive staff all within walking distance from West Street. Price was reasonable and they also serve lovely tasting tea in quaint teacups. The Mapo Taufu was nice and spicy and the Vegetarian Balls really delicious. Authentic fare for vegetarians. One of the best meals we had in Yangshuo.

1  Thank nellielim
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were fortunate enough to have this restaurant booked by our guide Joe in Yangshou, which was exactly where we wanted to go.
We were not disappointed. We ate early , around 7 pm on a Monday and the place filled up fast after that. The atmosphere is upmarket for the area and is elegant and comfortable. Prices are very cheap as are all non western local restaurants.
The food is amazing, From deep fried Julliane Egg plant and Chilly Tofu to mushroom curd " meat balls " it all tasted amazing.
Pesentation superb, quality and flavours to turn any carnivour.
It is a must eat place

1  Thank Rene V
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely delicious vegetarian dinner at the Pure Lotus. Located next to our hotel and seated outside along a stream, it was a respite from a busy, busy day. Definitely would recommend a stop there.