“Great Value-for-Money Hostel with friendly staff and excellent food”

Backstreet Cafe Hostel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yangshuo County
Backstreet Cafe Hostel
Bonn, Germany
“Great Value-for-Money Hostel with friendly staff and excellent food”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I stayed here for 3 days but extended my stay up to 5 days because I liked it so much. The new "manager", Melinda, did a very good job in helping me arrange trips and solve problems. It's a small hostel and family-run, so the atmosphere is very friendly and the staff is sleeping right next doors, if you had any problems :)
Location is very good, on a side street of the busy west street. Small downside: construction site behind the house when I was there. The room was basic, but clean. The bathroom was small but good enough for me. They also had a larger, nicer room, which I did not chose, since I was traveling alone.
The food there was excellent, though not exactly cheap; the serving time was a bit slow but the waiting time was more than worth it every single time! I only ate outside one time and would rather not have done so. I would definitely recommend this hostel to any backpacker and juvenile travelers, I had a great time there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed March 29, 2010

This is a simple small restaurant. I ordered Cashewnut Chicken but first was served some beef curry. At 28RMB mine was a rather cheap dish to be bad here, making the place kind of expensive. This may be justified by the quantity rather than the quality of food: my dish was too much for me but the taste didn't motivate me to eat more than necessary.
Besides chinese there are western dishes, including a set of pizzas and pancakes/crépes and something they call "typical Israely" which is mostly Schnitzel. You can also have breakfast here. The manu is in English and Chinese and at least the owner/boss speakes enough English.
The interior is decorated with graffity and praises from guests and there is free WiFi internet.

• Stayed July 2010
San Diego, CA
Reviewed January 27, 2010

My wife and I stayed for two nights at the Backstreet Café in December. The location is excellent, the hospitality is warm and Hanah’s impressive English is refreshing. It can get a bit cold in the winter even with a heater in the room, but for the low-low price, this hostel is a good value.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple