I attended a course chinese mandarin in Yangshuo.and then I lived in Village Retreat for 31 days. This advice may be interesting for people staying for a long period. Most of customers stay one to three, four days. The aprreciation must be quite different when you stay a longer period.You see more of what really happens in a place
The hotel has a quite good location at 25 minutes walk from the center of Yangshuo. It is valuable to enjoy a quiet environment after one day in the very noisy Yangshuo town
The plus points of this hotel are :
- The personnel in the restaurant is very friendly; the young ladies workijg over there give the best of themselves for welcoming and serving you in a very friendly way. The Chef is also a nice.peson.
- The quality of the meals : there is a good selection of western dishes and chinese dishes for a good quality/price ratio. possibility to take a meal at any time , this is very interesting.
-The rooms are very clean and the price not too bad for a long period
The less good points are
-The doors of the rooms" make a lot of noise "when you open them. When people dont move too often this is not a a problem but when some people especially late in the evening enter the rooms and leave the rooms many times it is quite impossible to sleep. This doesnt happen every day but it happens.
-bicycles need a serious maintenance;
-there was no wardrobe in my room : I asked for having one , 31 days is long ....but i just received a very small one ; quite a bit frustrating
- i asked for a desk lamp for studying: i never received
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Yangshuo Village Retreat, an established 4-star Belgian-Chinese family retreat in the beautiful and peaceful countryside near Yangshuo, Guilin, China. We provide a free shuttle service to town all day per comfortable mini-van that takes you to the heart of Yangshuo in 5 minutes. For longer stays we offer every 7th night free of charge! Located in a quiet village, nestled in between mountains, rice paddies and citrus trees, our Yangshuo hotel offers the perfect base to explore the countryside, its rural features and amazing scenery, and provides the ideal environment to sit back, relax, and enjoy the idyllic landscape Yangshuo is famous for, with the comforts of home. And with only a beautiful walk along the Li-river bank to Yangshuo’s main shopping and entertainment area, the Yangshuo Village Retreat might have the best location of all Yangshuo hotels… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Yangshuo Village Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.