“Yum!”
Review of Moon Hill Cafe

Moon Hill Cafe
Ranked #78 of 118 Restaurants in Yangshuo County
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Westernized Chinese Food with Local Guangxi Dishes. Located at the Base of Moon Hill, about 9 km outside of Yangshuo.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The country-style jiaozi are different and worth a try if you like egg. The Moon Hill pancake is also good (more like an omelet than a pancake) and the ginger tea is yummy. Not super cheap but a decent place and good food.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had Sweet/sour chicken, lemon chicken, and mango shrimp: all was very tasty, though the sweet/sour and lemon sauce were runny. Actually the sweet/sour sauce was Chinese ketchup. The staff did bring us an electric heater to put under our table, since it was 11 degrees (C) the day we visited. Staff was friendly. The food was good, but a bit overpriced due to the location.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Food was average, but the tables outside were very enjoyable and the view was noteworthy. We tried the local specialty; a spicy fish dish.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

My wife and I were taken to this "Cafe" on the way to moon hill by our guide. I'm writting his how in case I die of food poisoning in the next few hours. This would have to be the worst "food" I have ever tried to eat in my life.
There were a few westerners in the Cafe as Guides get a free meal for gettig people in. I ordered the chicken burger and fries and my wife a beef burger, 30Y each so not a cheap meal for China. As we waited the mosquitoes had lunch on us.
Lets just say I should have sent it back just by the sight of the thing but as I was very hunger I had a bite. If I don't get sick it will be because I couldn't even get it down. My wife just ate her, lets say fries and the stale bun and tomato which was the only thing on the burger apart from the scrap meat they cooked.
I called the waitress over and said that I couldn't eat the burger and wasn't paying for it. It all got very ugly after that with a lot of what I guessed was Chinese cursing of me but I tasted there food so I was already cursed. To sum up as I'm starting to feel sick is DO NOT COME HERE!!!!!!! IT IS A DEATH WAITING TO HAPPEN!!!!!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great food - Chinese food but catered to Western taste ( no bones!!!)
Service was good
good view of Moon Hill
Staff spoke English
Great location - close to other attractions