“If I could eat here every day, I would”
Review of Cloud 9 Restaurant

Cloud 9 Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 117 Restaurants in Yangshuo County
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This restaurant runs cooking classes also.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“If I could eat here every day, I would”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is OUTSTANDING. I can't tell you how glad I am that my guidebook suggested I eat here because my tastebuds were rocked on a daily basis. I think the fact that it is a cooking school really helps.

The dumplings are incredible--there were many different fillings, but they were crispy (I got fried) and incredibly tasty. The eggplant with ground pork is causing me to salivate right now. While it was greasy, there was such a complexity of flavor and texture that cannot be replicated. The sauteed lotus root was absolutely unforgettbale. Everything we tried was a home run.

To boot, there is this incredible view of a karst and a busy street below. We sat, ordered everything in sight, drank beer, and watched people go by.

• Visited September 2013

• Polish first
  • Thai first
dublin
“Highly enjoyable experience.”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had 1/2 a day to spare in Yangshuo and decided to avail of their cookery class. 3 hours for 150 yuan and you get to cook your own dinner. There were 12 of us.They give you a selection of dishes to cook. We chose KungPo chicken sweet and sour pork and eggplant with garlic and ginger. The highlight was being taken to the local market to buy the dinner. Everything that crawls swims hops flies and walks on two legs or four was available for purchase. Definitely an experience. The cooking facilities were excellent. Even the non cooks enjoyed it and the food was extremely tasty but a little dumbed down for Western palates. A highly enjoyable experience. The other customers also appeared to be enjoying their dinner.

• Visited October 2013
San Francisco, California
“Decent”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a restaurant that tourists can feel comfortable eating at. Not great food but not something you wouldn't eat. Beer fish came out in a huge pan but after picking out the bones and skin, there wasn't much meat. We were not fans. Did have a nice tofu dish and vegetables. Dog was listed on the menu if you were inclined.

We sat out on the patio where we could watch the night market and everyone walking by. This added to the atmosphere and the reason I would go to the restaurant. Felt like I was in the French Quarter in New Orleans spying down on people.

• Visited April 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good but not Great”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We did not like the Beer Fish - probably an acquired taste. The Sichuan Pork, Prawns and Chicken were very good.

Visited September 2013
Yangshou
“Meh, with small portion sizes.”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were really excited to eat here as it was recommended by a local in town. But when we went the portion sizes where really small and we didn't quite get our fill of food for a pretty lofty bill. Honestly if they just piled on a little more food it would have satisfied the lot of hungry climbers. But alas, we were sent searching for a post dinner afterwards.

Visited September 2013