“Very nice”

Ranked #16 of 438 Hotels in Yangshuo County
Kfar Saba, Israel
“Very nice”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We spent couple nights in this hotel and really enjoyed, the room design is very special, and we were lucky to get a room with view to the river which was real special. DO NOT miss the show they have on the river, one of the most exciting shows we ever seen

Room Tip: King bed is not standard, ask when you reserve.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a nice property in a good location in Yangshuo, close to the river and very close to Xijie (West Street) where there are many shops, restaurants, and bars. As other reviewers have stated the rooms are nice (standard up-scale rooms) and a big plus of the hotel is its pool (which was clean when I went) and gave a splendid view of the Li river and some surrounding mountains. A downside of the hotel is its location because one can easily spend 1/2 hour trying to reach the hotel from a mere 1 or 2 blocks away because of the way traffic congests around the hotel. Service was ok (not great) and I was much less positive about breakfast (seating is inadequate, food often tepid or tasteless). Since I got a reasonable rate for this hotel, I was quite pleased. However, if I did not, then I would not have been so pleased.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher room with a river view and not a street view. Try to get a room away from the e...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Worlds_of_Wonder
Haifa, Hefa, Israel
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I've recently stayed at this hotel with my family in a River View room. The room is very big, but the view is not so incredible (we could barely see the river). Beds are big and comfortable and the breakfast is nice and tasty.
The problem of this hotel that it is very noisy at evenings, so you can't go to sleep early.
The hotel is very close to the West Street, a very crowded street with shopping and restaurants, so it is very convenient that the hotel is 10 min walk from there.
Total experience at this hotel was OK, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lancashire
Reviewed October 4, 2013

As with all the hotels we stayed in during our trip, the bedroom was excellent with a huge comfortable bed, nice bathroom, spotlessly clean. The pool was fine. We ate in the hotel one night, as we were going to the light and sound show on the river (don't miss this, it is absolutely wonderful). The restaurant was characterless and rather sterile, the food OK. Convenient for walking around Yanshuo, so no real complaints. I would highly recommend "Pure Lotus" - a fabulous veggie chinese restaurant in Yangshuo

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
East Preston
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This looks like the only up-market hotel to stay in, in Yangshuo and if you arrive by boat, the hotel looks fantastic from the river.
The rooms are good with the biggest double bed my wife and I have ever slept in and the rooms have a great view over the river. It is an easy walk to most resturants etc.
The breakfast is OK, but not as goos as other 4* hotels I used in China like the Shangri-La or Sofitel range.
The most disappointing thing was the swimming pool water was green and not one of the staff I asked could explain why it was so green, so none of my family swam, despite it being warm and being in need of a dip. The gym is very poor with only home standard kit and limited at that, also no air-con so exercising is not to be recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The rooms are big and it stops there.

This is the most noisy hotel I have ever slept in, with rooms being cleaned starting from 7:30am and with maids shouting from one room to the other and in the corridors for hours. No respect for guests still sleeping due to the pouring rain outside.

The service at Reception is a nightmare: having arrived at 1:45pm we were told that we had to wait half hour for our room to be ready so we went to have lunch and after one hour we were told by the same people that sorry but they needed 30 mins more, no just 10 mins more. Fact is that we went up to check and the room was actually ready ... Seeems like the maids like to talk to each other more than they like to update Reception with their progress.

Tip: lagguage handling boys speak much better English than customer-facing Reception girls.

I moved the rating up from 1 to 2 thanks to the co-operation of one of (those noisy) maids who opened the door when I left the key inside: I am sure Reception ladies would have tried charging me for that, too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Reserve a room with river view, at least 2nd floor. The king bed is too big!!!
The breakfast is quite expensive so we did not eat there, the western restaurant was always empty!!! I wonder why. The staff does not speak English very well. But overall the hotel is very nice and I recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple