“One of the better hotels in Yangshuo”
Review of Green Lotus Hotel

Green Lotus Hotel
Ranked #17 of 450 Hotels in Yangshuo County
Sydney
“One of the better hotels in Yangshuo”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed hear for 4 days in June for a relaxing break after visiting my wifes relatives in other parts of China and most importantly to celebrate our Wedding anniversary. We booked the hotel online directly and decided on an Deluxe River View with King bed to make sure we had a good view of the river. By the description online we were of the belief that we would in a room with a balcony facing front on to the river. However upon our arrival which was late evening and the hotel being pretty full with an IBM convention we were escourted to our room to find we were side on to the river. The room had two balconies however both set back from the front of the hotel so only providing a 50% side on view of the river. We phoned reception who informed us this was the room that we had booked and nothing with a better view was available, a little disappointing but life goes on. Should have booked a more basic room.
The hotel itself is great, big room, good bed, good bathroom. Made good use of the swimming pool everyday outside of that we only basically walked through the lobby each day. Yangshuo is actually a busy place and the hotel is walking distance to everything, West St for food, shopping and nightlife.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AussieTravelCouple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night after a Li River Cruise. It is close to shopping and nighttime market areas. Our rooms were adequate. The very firm bed was actually more comfortable than we initially anticipated! In spite of its central location and that it was pretty full when we were there, the rooms were quiet at night. We enjoyed the outdoor pool. Be prepared to don a swimming cap as requested by the hotel staff, a real surprise to my 13-year old son! As we had to leave early for a flight the next day, I can't comment on the breakfast buffet except to appreciate the hotel staff for providing us boxed breakfasts for our van ride to the airport in Guilin.

• Stayed July 2013
Southern California
Reviewed August 1, 2013

A decent new hotel. Overlooks the river. Easy access to the shopping and market areas.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. Good internet room access and free 30 minutes in the business center if needing a computer.

The pool is outside and although not necessarily refreshing in the heat it was acceptable.

Interesting lobby with murals in the dome ceiling.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I spent two nights in this hotel and was pleasently surprised at the friendliness of the staff. Every person I talked to was very friendly and nice in a small town kind of way. I live in a small town and I was visiting China by myself and so I felt very welcome and comfortable. This hotel is very centally located and I could easily reach almost anywhere in town by foot. The beds were very firm and because it was January and I come from a cold weather place I found the room to be very warm. I really enjoyed the breakfast buffet and overall, my time spent in Yangshuo and at the Green Lotus Hotel will be remembered as one of the most fun experiences of my life.

Room Tip: I had a room that over-looks the river and I really enjoyed the view! One of my great memories of st...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Tianjin, China
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night--my parents, my husband and our 3 kids (4, 2, 1). Very pleasant stay. Great location--5 min walk to west street with shopping and restaurants. Great view--right on the river. Great pool--outside!!! Decent breakfast buffet. Lovely lobby, friendly staff. Very nice, clean rooms--nice size, very clean bathrooms. The only downside was the hardness of the beds. It was like sleeping on a very old, worn out mattress. Like my dad said, "they got the box springs, but forgot the mattress." For one night, and all the other nice aspects of the hotel, it was something we could overlook.

• Stayed July 2013
Beijing, China
Reviewed July 23, 2013

It is difficult to find a good hotel here. we originally booked a different hotel but lasted about half an hour and checked in here. This is a nice hotel with decent rooms. Beds are still a little firm for us but all in all it was a decent room.

The gym was adequate as it is difficult to find gyms in china.

Decent location. The best thing we did was rent a scooter across the street and went on an adventure on our own. It is great to get out in the countryside and see the real guilin.

I have stayed in a lot of hotels in china so I am used to the "western" style breakfast that isn't western at all so it didn't bother me. For those that aren't used to it, western is where they have hard boiled eggs and broccoli. Maybe bacon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lambertville, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Lovely new and modern hotel (only one in this city anyway), though few staff spoke any reasonable English. Decent sized rooms with some having River view (ours) and others courtyard or main avenue. Rooms are very spread out in I believe 4 separate wings. Breakfast buffet was the most disappointing of any we had in China, but the really downer was their beds! Sleeping on a rock would have been as comfortable. Luckily had a car/driver to take us to the wonderous Impression show at the river amphitheatre (see other review). Luckily just one night here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple