Hidden Dragon Villa(Yangshuo County)
$44
Yangshuo Tea Cozy(Yangshuo County)
$86
$72
Banyan Tree Yangshuo(Yangshuo County)
$355
$70
$55
  • Room Service
River View Hotel(Yangshuo County)
$79
  • Restaurant
Yangshuo Resort(Yangshuo County)
$129
Moondance Boutique Resort(Yangshuo County)
$58
Yangshuo Mountain Nest(Yangshuo County)
$60
Yangshuo Mountain Retreat(Yangshuo County)
$49
$42
Li River Resort(Yangshuo County)
Hotels.com
All reviewsluna restaurantrooftop restaurantsister hotelitalian foodmountain retreatthe riverplastic water bottlestop floorsmall bathroommain townginger teawestern menua great place to staywe loved our staywelcome drinktourist trapguilin airport
Reviewed July 6, 2017

We had an outstanding stay at this property. The room was perfect for our family of 3. The attention to the environment is a real plus. But by far the most outstanding memory remains the service of the amazing staff! They were attentive, helpful, patient and kind and we loved every minute of being there! Easy access to many scenic spots, great food on the rooftop deck! Everything we hoped for!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
UndertheMoon, Manager at Yangshuo Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2017

Dear Mary,
We were so happy to have you and family with us from America this July. Your warmth and cheer left a great memory for all of us. While traveling in Chinese villages can be a challenge for foreign families, we saw how much you and your husband and daughter enjoyed seeing the countryside and all the authentic experiences Village Inn offers. We hope someday you'll be able to join us again. Until then, have a beautiful rest of the year.
Anna, Gloria, Jessica and family

Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

I had a two night stay at this lovely inn and this place is even better then I expected.
All the reviews I had read were about how brilliant the staff are and as I found out, this reviews are accurate.
I had actually chosen this place because it's truly Eco friendly.
You won't find plastic water bottles or mini bottles of soap, shampoos etc which is so good. These things always infuriate me when I travel and it's such a relief to see an establishment that does their best to help out planet.
Staff here can't do enough for you. I arrived midday as I found it quite difficult to find where the hotel actually was and my Chinese language skills are very mediocre and pouring rain didn't help. I had a delicious lunch in the rooftop restaurant and by the time I had eaten Gloria had a bike checked and ready for me to ride along the river.
After five hours I returned and it poured with rain again so rather than look at the local farmers establishments I had dinner up on the rooftop again. I had pasta arrabiatta and it was very good especially considering we were in China.
My last day I awoke to constant rain. It had rained all night & continued all morning which blocked the roads between Yangshuo & Guilin. Anna had guests that had to catch international flights leaving from Guilin and she managed to organise a taxi to an alternate to be able to take the train into Guilin. I tagged along as I also had to get to Guilin and I cannot say thank you enough. Anna, Jessica, Gloria & Michelle were all so, so helpful.
Wonderful stay.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo

Dear Sam,
Thank you thank you for appreciating our commitment to sustainability here in beautiful Yangshuo. As you noted, we don't stock or use any disposable products (except toilet paper - goes in the bin) and offer guests free refillable purified water in glass bottles. Our mud brick farmhouse rooms are rustic but comfortable way to experience life in a traditional rural home, so we love to hear your praise for them.
The heavy rain while you were here resulted in some of the worst flooding in Yangshuo for over 100 years, shutting down our sister hotel on the Yulong River, Yangshuo Mountain Retreat, so we were relieved to be able to get you a taxi with other guests via back roads that were not flooded.
Considering all of this we're grateful for your support and mentioning all of us by name.
Yours faithfully,
Anna, Gloria, Jessica and Michelle

Reviewed June 21, 2017

We loved our stay, the place is charming, with lovely rooms and a rooftop terrace. The staff was the most friendly we had during our stay in China and spoke good English. Good Chinese food at the restaurant (better than their Western dishes in my opinion). We could rent bikes from the hotel.
Only drawback : I wouldn't recommend the foot and back massage, it was very painful !

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

The stay at this hotel was phenomenal. The room was clean and had A/C. Good water pressure in the shower and comfortable beds. Our group had one twin room and one family room. The prices were good compared to hotels in the area.

It is very good for foreigners. All of the staff speaks very good English. They are also very helpful for arranging activities during the day, taxis to town, and rides to the airport. One day we wanted to see the sights but didn't know the best way to do it. They suggested renting bikes, biking to their sister hotel, and biking around the river. We ate lunch at the sister hotel, then a driver (arranged by the hotel) picked us up, took us to all of the best sights, then brought us back to the hotel at the end of the day. We didn't have to haggle on any prices because the staff took care of it for us, and it was a good deal. I highly recommend this place!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2017

As with accommodations, there will always be something better, nicer, cozier and/or even prettier. This can be said about Yangshuo Village Inn. Admittedly, the location is nothing to write home about except for the fact that it has a direct light of sight with Moon Hill. As I had the chance to bike around the nearby village(s) along the river I saw other accommodations that I found more impressive.

Having said the following, I, however, am still very happy and content with the 4 night stay. Maybe it is me but I appreciated the property's own charm. The location grew on me. The room was quaint and cozy. The main facility of a rooftop restaurant and bar was a big hit for me. It elevated us away from the noise at ground level. Because we would be out the whole day exploring the area, I always looked forward to winding down with drinks and/or a meal upstairs every night. Here I would chat and catch up with the other guests I've met.

However, the real gems of this place are the staff. Though everyone is warm and pleasant, for me two people stood out. One is Tina. She's been with the Inn since it opened. We got to spend time with her whenever we would be at the rooftop. She has an amazing disposition. She's genuinely a happy person with a wonderful zest for life.

The other is Anna who is the resident manager. She became our ever reliable resource person for things to do around Yangshuo. Her insights were invaluable for us in order to enjoy an inexpensive and cheerful holiday. Though our stay wasn't without incident that caused inconvenience, she handled it with sincerity and integrity, which earned my respect.

There is room for greatness here. I hope to experience it when I do a return visit.

Room Tip: Having a balcony is always a nice touch. The corner room may be spacious but personally I like the configuration of the center room.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
UndertheMoon, Manager at Yangshuo Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2017

Dear Lance (and Marc),
We loved having you both and were delighted that you enjoyed Luna, our rooftop restaurant and bar so much. We were created to be a village hideaway, where temporary residents (our guests), can share experiences over a great bottle of wine overlooking Moon Hill, or next to the lobby hearth on our antique opium bed. It's true that Moon Hill Village doesn't have the riverside location, but as you said, being out all day exploring, the real rewards are coming back to Village Inn where you are remembered and expertly served with true sincerity.
We hope to have you and friends with us again soon!
Yours,