Lisa's Mountian View Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Tangrenjie Hotel(Yangshuo County)
$44
  • Pool
Yangshuo Tea Cozy(Yangshuo County)
$94
$71
$45
Trip.com
Hidden Dragon Villa(Yangshuo County)
$55
$46
Yangshuo Resort(Yangshuo County)
$126
$110
Agoda.com
Yangshuo Mountain Retreat(Yangshuo County)
$55
CTN Li River Hotel(Yangshuo County)
$39
$33
Magnolia Hotel(Yangshuo County)
$24
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
West Street Vista Hotel(Yangshuo County)
$40
$26
$93
$85
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 13, 2009

The hotel does have mountain views, though the toilet is not so clean (but I guess clean by the standards there). Just don't expect super-clean.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I had booked my stay (august 2008) by phone and Lisa told me the price for a double room was 140 and a triple room was 180RMB. When I got there, she informed me that I had it all wrong and the real prices were 180RMB for a double and 240RMB for a triple, breakfast was not included... I was too tired to argue and thought I might be wrong so we stayed there for one night.

The day after I tried to renegotiate the prices but Lisa refused so I investigated next door: an average 3 stars hotel (chinese standarts). They had much better rooms than Lisa for 130RMB and similar rooms for 100RMB.

When I told Lisa that we were all leaving for next door hotel, she then agreed to give us the rooms for 100RMB, although it was too late then.

After we had left Lisa’s hotel, she kept calling our guide (the one she had introduced to us) to ask about our plans and try to sell additional services to us (tours, tickets to the night shows...) so do not be fooled by Lisa's friendliness.

All in all, the rooms at Lisa's Mountain View Hotel are ok (charmless but rather clean) but are NOT worth the announced price. Also, the breakfast is really not worth it (the orange juice is made with TANG powder). Yangshuo has many hotels, you can very easily find one when you get there.

Also note that not all the rooms have a mountain view, ours did not.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank GZreviewer
Reviewed July 12, 2008

Definately one of the best hotels ive stayed in in Asia. Lisa is a one-man organising machine - she can arrange for you to take part in pretty much any activity anywhere anytime and was available for help, advice, changes night and day. Fantastic.

The hotel itself is in a really good spot - 5 mins from West Street but far enough away that you dont hear any of the noise. Rooms are a great size, comfy beds, clean, great shower, aircon - superb. Highly highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed June 4, 2008

I stayed here with friends for 3 nights. It's very well located close to town (although town is quite small - it's away from the main high street, so very quiet)

The rooms were large, the beds likewise. It was clean throughout, although perhaps the shower could have been a bit cleaner.. It's the only hotel in which made a point of wearing flip flops in the shower, but then that's probably just me being paranoid..

Front desk were very helpful and spoke excellent english. Computers were avaialbel for internet access.. Overall impression is excellent.

The only minor gripe i have is that the doors to the bedrooms had gaps under them, and therefore if you weren't careful to spray DEET underneath them, the room would have been fully of mosquitos.. I'm sure there's a simple, cheap fix for this, though..!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2008

Lisa is amazing! She owns the cafe' which serves both western and eastern food, nightly entertainment, the Hostel and Lisa's Mountain View Hotel. Her personality is not to be forgotten. Her staff is excellent and well accommodating. She is located right in the heart of the small tourist village which people from all over the world visit. She and her staff speak perfect English and she offers very reasonable courses in many Chinese arts and language.

I fully recommend her place as a place to stay and have fun or R&R. You will not regret it!!! Guaranteed!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends