“Life time experience”

Mt. Huangshan (Yellow Mountain)
Book In Advance
$179.00*
Private Tour: Xi'an Huashan Mountain Exploration Day Tour
$232.00*
and up
Huangshan Airport (TXN) Arrival Transfer to Huangshan Hotels with Huangshan...
$166.80*
Small-Group Hiking Tour of Hua Shan from Xi’an
Ranked #1 of 82 things to do in Huangshan
More attraction details
Owner description: Mt. Huangshan's peak offers excellent views of the surrounding territory. Transportation: Private bus Private car Public transportation Bicycle English Level: Fluent Services Provided: Tour guide Interpreter Business assistant Car rental Airport/train station pickup Ticket booking Hotel reservations Story teller and history narrator
Sydney, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Life time experience”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

It's like a different world when you have climbed up to HuangShan.

View - spectacular
Speedy change of weather - something that you will not be able to experience at a city. It could be blue sky and sunny at one moment, and before you notice the change, the clouds have arrived with water in the air!
Air - very fresh

Certainly worth the visit but be prepared for the stairs!

Visited August 2013

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Dubai
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“24 hours at Mt. Huangshan”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Not an easy place to visit without knowing Chinese and you need lots of planning as well.
The maps are terrible and they use different English words for same places.

The place is wonderful and worth 1-3 days.
We were visiting the place during the week and despite a bad weather forecast there were too many people - I would NOT go there in a weekend.

We went up by feet from Yungu, spent the night at Xihai Hotel.
Next day we walked half the Xihai Gran Canyon (northern route down to the cable car) and finally took the Yungu lift down.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Skovmose
The Woodlands, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“There in October”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Mt. Huangshan was truly phenomenal. We left at 6 in the morning from Huangshan town and got there fairly early, but there were already large crowds. Also, it was October (I can't remember early or late) but it was very cold at the mountains. I would suggest bringing a good jacket, but one that you can easily remove because you will sweat! There are A LOT of stairs. I consider myself to be pretty fit, but I was even getting winded going up some of the stretches of stairs. Then felt bad when I saw the men carrying huge quantities of goods up the mountains on their backs. Anyway. There are hotels on the mountains and many reviews I read suggested you stay there. I think yes and no. We didn't have enough time to see everything (like the fairy bridge) because we had to catch a bus back to Hangzhou. So staying overnight would certainly allow you to see more. However, I wasn't overly impressed by the look of the hotels for what I (a budgeted English teacher) would be willing to pay for. Lastly, we rode the cable car up because we had to do the mountains in one day. I actually thought it was unbelievable going up that way instead of hiking, to see the views birds eye was breathtaking.

In October, autumn colors were in full bloom and stunning. Overall, a mind-blowingly beautiful place on our planet earth! Go, go, go!! And don't forget your toilet paper :)

Visited October 2013
4 Thank isingsongs9
Hong Kong, China
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Awesome scenery”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

The peaks, the pines and the clouds are the must see in huangshan. The scenery here is second to none. It is a popular place and so expect a large crowd, big tour groups with blaring megaphone is a norm and starts at around 7am. Go up there as early as you can to avoid queuing.

4 Thank Anton N
Melbourne, Australia
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Beautiful in the snow”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I'm sure huangshan is beautiful all year round but when we saw it in the first snow it was gorgeous. Seeing this place first hand was a truly wonderful experience.

Visited December 2013