Stayed in the New Wing of the hotel. Thoughts as follows:
- Expensive given the oligopoly status of the hotel up in the mountain. Price is about 2.5 times that of Crowne Plaza Huangshan. Much needed leg massage at lobby costs about 350rmb for 45 minutes and tips absolutely is expected.
- Room. Nothing to wave about other than declaration are minimalist and new. Deluxe room with balcony on 4th floor is smallish at about 20 plus sqm. in-room wireless internet not working on floor at time of stay. In room ventilation is merely the fan blowing air, neither heat nor AC provided. Both are desirable due to the volatile temperature up the moutain.
- Service. Check-in was slow. Amenities such as toothbrush is not offered. When contacted concierge, was told toothbrush is not provided due to "environmental friendless"....... When requested an additional towel, was told it has to be exchanged with a used one. No instant coffee in room. Hmmmm,
- Food in restaurant. Palatable but not missing it.
If you are after a unique experience of staying on Huangshan, this is a tolerable. It's newly built (at least for the wing I stayed in) after all. Otherwise, stay at the bottom of the mountain for 1/3 the price and thrice the creature comfort
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Xihai Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xihai Hotel Huangshan