Shilin Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$39
$34
$33
$45
Trip.com
Yuanfang Dejia Boutique Hotel(Huangshan)(Great Value!)
$15
Jinsha Hotel Huangshan Tunxi Old Street(Huangshan)(Great Value!)
$20
$140
$43
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooms are smallcloud valleyfried riceviewpointbunshairdryersupplies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2008

Even though it´s totally overpriced for what it is if you can stay one night on Huangshan I would totally recommend it as come 4pm most people have made their descent down the mountain and it´s a really nice time to have the mountain to yourself and see the sunset. Also if you want to see the sunrise on the mountain then you have to stay. Hotel is fine, clean. Double rooms are a lot smaller and pokier than the twin rooms. Shower and toilet are altogether in a small glass room but for one night its fine really.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 30, 2007

The hotel is probably the best you are going to get on the mountain. The rooms although not big are clean and comfortable enough for 1 or 2 nights.
There were only 2 things we didnt like about our stay - we all thought the food was pretty horrible - large qty low quality.
We were also annoyed after having one of the foot massages that are offerred downstairs. The massages were poor and when we paid the tips recommended by our chinese guide all the masseurs complained they wanted more. What a lazy bunch.
Despite these complaints if I come back again I would definitely stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank david04
Reviewed March 19, 2006

This hotel was OK. Except for the stained carpet, the room was clean. It may have been small but unless you are used to 4 & 5-star hotels I don't think anybody should have too much to moan about. If you visit Huangshan you will see how everything is carried up the mountain on foot so I can understand the delay in getting the carpet replaced.
The beds were firm, the bedding was clean and after a day spent trekking up the mountain I slept very well.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank Hallatonman
A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle, WA
Reviewed August 21, 2005

We stayed at the Shilin Hotel in August 2005. Although built just a few years ago, our particular room was small and dingy with stained carpets and the bathroom was filled with mold. Yuk! Granted the hotel is on the top of the mountain, so I didn't have high expectations; but, the hotel should not bill itself as 4 star. I would say it hardly rated 3 star.

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angles, California
Reviewed May 8, 2005

I was visiting Huang Shan at the end of March and enjoyed every minute of my visit. We were told everything the hotel needs are transported by laborers and after climbing the never ending steps of Huang Shang, we became even more appreciative of what we could get from the hotel. The services were good at Shilin. I needed ice for my right knee and I had no trouble to obtain it from the restaurant. There is also drinkable water in the facet which is the most important thing when travelling in China. The water pressure in the shower is good even though it resembles the ones in cruise ships. I would recommend Shilin to my friends and relatives.

• Stayed: March 2005