“Luxurious place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 486 Hotels in Huangshan
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed here as part of a package tour (although had been scheduled to stay somewhere else in town). The lobby is spacious and grand, as described in other reviews. The rooms are large, modern, clean with all the amenities that you'd expect at a 5 star hotel (room safe, TV, WiFi, desk, phone, tub + shower, slippers, robes). The breakfast buffet is on the 3rd floor with Chinese, regional and Western dishes available. Staff very friendly. Restaurants are avaible next door and across the street. Left our luggage here for 36 hours while we went up to Huangshan Mountain. Not sure if I'd pay the premium price if booking this personally, but different a great place to stay as part of a package tour.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Boston T
owenfeng, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear Guest

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me by mail rongcaiowen.feng@ihg.com or 0559-2591888-5388, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Built and decorated as a landmark property in a way New China wish all others to see it - flashy, confident and cutting-edge modern. Giant pebbles in the lobby (over 3 meters long and half-meters high) fresh up vividly an idea of surprising guest by wow-effect.

Room
Is perfect, modern, large and contains everything you are expecting to see in good 5* hotel, from kettle with complimentary tea selections to extra-thick fluffy slippers. Free standing bath allow you to watch nearby river life from foam warmth.
Wifi did not work in my room, probably because it was a corner.

Restaurant
Not bad, although becomes quite crowded in peak hours. Selection boasts lots of greens for breakfast and some Anhui specialities for buffet dinner. Ubiquitous fresh-roast-lamb-sliced-on-spot by sub-chef, noodles-on-order and similar must-be dishes are there. Search for unlimited beer supply near the entrance.

Environs.
Embankment was not ready yet at a time of our visit, but it should become a nice place to stroll. Besides riverfront, there are no attractions around – just fresh-new residential condos. Take taxi to any sight.

Hints.
The upper floor you stay, the calmer it will get. Again, noise-proof grade of windows is close to zero. Residing on 6th club floor, I had distinctly heard not only every car horn, but even coughing of guests near main entrance. No sense to take club floor – it has no immediate perks like free drinks or snacks in a lounge.

Room Tip: The upper floor you stay, the calmer it will get. Again, noise-proof grade of windows is close to ze...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Vassili L
owenfeng, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for staying at Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng.

I'm delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay and thank you for your positive feedback
of quality of hotel facilities. I'm thankful for your suggestions and I have shared them with the relevant department heads. We are working on the necessary improvements.

I look very much forward to meeting you personally during your next stay at Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng.

Best Regards

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel is new, luxurious, and well run. The lobby is breathtaking. The room was nice. The Club is enormous. The restaurants were well appointed and the food was good. The concierge who helped us, Mr. Wu, was most excellent.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
owenfeng, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for staying at Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comment is most valuable for us. Your positive feedback on the quality of service is very encouraging and I have shared it with my team. we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed one night here on a quick visit to Mt. Huangshan (Yellow Mtn). The hotel and especially the chief concierge Mr. Wu were extremely helpful in planning my trip and even purchasing a bus ticket. I was recognized and greeted by name throughout the hotel- obviously made easier as one of the few westerners. Service at check in and in the executive lounge was as good as anywhere I have stayed, which is often not the case in China. I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area. My only complaint: emails were not answered, I had to call the hotel to get assistance on planning my arrival and local arrangements.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank NobleEngineer
owenfeng, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for staying at Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comment is most valuable for us. Your positive feedback on the quality of service is very encouraging and I have shared it with my team. Also, we will check the mail box everyday and make sure to respond, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at Crowne plaza for 2 nights of a 3 day trip to huangshan from shanghai. Hotel is conveniently located, facing the river. Rooms are very big and nice, up to the Crowne Plaza standard. The service, however, needs to be improved. Staff doesn't seem to be well trained.
My friend and I had buffet dinner at Riverside on 3rd floor, seafood wasn't fresh and we both got sick afterwards! Nothing major but it wasn't pleasant feeling.

• Stayed: October 2012
owenfeng, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to write to us on your stay experience. We sincerely disappointed that we unable to meet your expectation and will take immediate action to rectify those issues with the related department to ensure same thing will not happen again.

I wish to have the chance to welcoming you back to Huangshan and to Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed September 9, 2012

The room was very nice , spatious , so is the bathroom with tub and shower .
The light system in the room is quite complicated for example if you want only the reading light next to the bed ....
At the bar , they had not much was was written on the menu , not even any fruit juice and Mojito was not available either .
My husband asked for Heineken and got a Corona !!!
Poor service . Need more training.
The breakfast was very good , big choice and good quality at the buffet .

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
owenfeng, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

September 10, 2012
Dear guest,

With kind regards,

Reviewed July 4, 2012

This was our first family trip to Huangshan and we are very pleased with the selection of the Crowne Plaza. This was a family trip with my wife and two daughters, ages 10 and 8. The property is new and well designed - not to mention in a great location. Our room had a great view of the river and a wonderful sunset. The swimming pool was a hit with the kids and the restaurants offered a wide range of choices for all. The staff were very accomodating and the management were attentive to detail and provided excellent advice for our travel to Mount Huangshan. Special thanks to Addison Wong,GM, and to Edward Ruan, Customer Service Mgr. for the time spent with us to make this a memorable trip. We will certainly return.

Room Tip: Book a room with Club Floor access and with a view of the river (and sunset). The snacks are great a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kevin B
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for staying at Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng. I'm glad to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Your headline and comment is most valuable for us. Your positive feedback on the quality of service is very encouraging and I have shared it with my team. Thank you for recommending Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.