“Amazing little boutique hotel”

Hotel Casa de Campo
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Santiago, Chile
“Amazing little boutique hotel”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Very nice hotel, great service from the very friendly staff (owners). Originally started as B&B in the house of the owners, other parts added to it more recently. Beautiful location, views to the vineyards and hills across the field. There is a bbq area available as well that is available free of charge. The only issue might be the road next to the hotel with heavy traffic leading to some noise. Stayed at Terra Viña after this hotel, and have to say that in all but perhaps the noise (which is at an acceptable level in any case, living in a city...) I would definitely go for Hotel Casa de Campo en all other aspects.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Rotselaar
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Beautiful rooms, marvellous personnel (recepcion, cleaning ladies, breakfast foyer), unbelievable view, near top wineries and sympathetic owners.
The only two minor things in this hotel's disfavor are the fact that they don't accept creditcards and the continuous noise of the nearby busy road (through the night)

Room Tip: Rooms in new building look at the mountain range and the vineyards
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Stayed there for a few days before trip through Chile with in laws.
The place is charming, good breakfast, nice setting and swimming pool but too close to the main road.

Having stayed at Terra Vina previously, would recommend it over Casa de Campo if quietness is a must.
Otherwise attention was superior a Casa de Campo.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 33176roman
Nairobi
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Having read the 20 or so reviews for this hotel, I feel compelled to add mine to it. The hotel is very nice indeed, but none of the reviews mentions the highway running straight past this hotel. The noise from the cars and lorries that thunder past truly puts a stamp on this place. My wife and I went for a walk last night along the main road to buy some fruit from a stall just 100 meters from the hotel (cheap fruit - very nice), but it was definitely not safe to do so, due to the heavy traffic. This morning traffic started again at 5am, although all through the night we could hear it too. We checked all the rooms for noise level, but the noise is pervasive throughout the hotel. Such a shame. A one time experience for us, I am sorry to say. Bastiaan

Room Tip: All rooms suffer from traffic noise, so bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank BastiaanR
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have just returned from two amazing weeks in Chile one of our places we stayed in was Hotel Casa de Campo. We had it booked and when our driver pulled up randomly off a busy motorway I didn't expect much but I was truly surprised.

We were welcomed by the warmest smile and shown to a room with the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in and with a balcony that opened out onto the most stunning scenery - seriously felt like it was a movie backdrop.

Even though the hotel is just off a busy roadway the hotel was just so peaceful.

Every member of staff there was so helpful and always seemed so happy. The breakfast there was also fantastic.

I would highly recommend this for couples looking for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed October 28, 2010

What a great find! If you are travelling to Chile and to Colchagua region, this is the best price x value we found in the region, and I surched a lot in internet...
Lovely property, well located - 1,5 km from Santa Cruz center - very big and confortable rooms (huge beds in the twin room), the best hotel breakfast of the trip - fresh and home made bread, cookies and fruit juice, and much more than plenty. Virginia - the owner - is so nice! She recomended very nice restaurants in town (the peruvian is great!). We had reservations for the following days at Casa Silva Boutique Hotel (which costed the double and valued half, in my opinion), and were sorry not to have heard of Casa de Campo before. Don´t waste your time (and money), when in Colchagua, stay here!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed April 11, 2010

I am regretfully a bit late in writing this review...but, as they say, you never forget your first love and although it's been almost a year since I stayed at Casa de Campo, I can still remember it like it was yesterday.
On a 5-star scale, I would easily rate this place a 6!
Firstly, the accomodations are magnificent - simple, chic, and eco-friendly. Most importantly, the rooms are spotless and clean. No need to worry about bugs, mysterious carpet stains, etc. The shower is amazing and the eco-friendly products are a wonderful touch.
Secondly, the food - breakfast is included with your stay (as is the case at many places in Chile)...and oh what a breakfast it is! No buffet lines here - platters of fresh cheeses, meats, pastries, breads, etc. galore greet you every morning. I have to mention the "jugo natural" as it was one of the things I remember most about my experience. Freshly squeezed strawberry juice each morning - I don't know what they do to grow their strawberries, but I'm certain I'll never find strawberries whose juice will taste the same. *sigh*
Finally, the Service - Armando and his family are wonderful hosts. As much as I am *not* a fan of dogs (yes, I actually run in the opposite direction), it is a testament to Armando's wife and daughters that Hotel Casa de Campo had at least 5 stray/orphan dogs...who refused to leave because of all the TLC they received. What can I say, I didn't want to leave, either!
All in all, I feel extremely fortunate that my friends just so happened to stumble on Hotel Casa de Campo when searching for lodging in the Santa Cruz area...if only I were still there!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends