We just spent 5 nights at Tierra Atacama. Just an amazing experience!!! We have traveled the world and this place offered us one of the best all round experiences. At first we were slightly put off by the price - but honestly, you get your money's worth. The setting is beautiful. Rooms comfortable. All meals and drinks (anytime of the day) included. Professional staff. A large number of trips with great guides on option. So what advice can I offer you? First, 4 or 5 nights a must - otherwise, you will just not get to go on many excursions. Second, do the Tara full day trip but give yourself time to acclimatise before doing it - the high pass is 15,000 feet. Third, we loved many of the hikes - would suggest one in the AM and one later in the afternoon with a rest by the pool in the middle. Third, and perhaps most importantly, if you pay in US $$$ you do not get charged the 19% country tax - a major savings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tierra Atacama is a boutique hotel on the edge of San Pedro de Atacama. It was created by the Purcell family, long time owners and operators of hotels, famous in Chile for the excellent food and warm hospitality. Tierra Atacama provides guest experiences that combine outdoor adventure and sports with indoor comforts, hospitality and excellent service. Tierra Atacama’s architecture, interior design and gardens were designed by some of Chile’s leading creative talent. Our objectives were to be as authentic as possible, using furniture and accessories handmade with local materials, while also creating a place that allows guests to relax, spoil themselves and enjoy the good-life in this magical part of the earth. Our ambiance is casual and friendly; we want our guests to be comfortable in our common areas just as if they were in their own homes. Enjoy one of the welcoming private corners of the hotel such as a seat by one of the terrace fire pits, lounge next to the pool or relax on one of the shady outdoor decks. When night falls, take in the brilliant stars, bask in the peace and wonder that is the Atacama Desert. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Tierra Atacama Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tierra Atacama Hotel And Spa
- Tierra Atacama Hotel San Pedro De Atacama
- Hotel Tierra Atacama
- Tierra Atacama Hotel & Spa San Pedro De Atacama, Chile