My husband and I traveled to Chile to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We fell in love with Chile and hope to explore the south on our next visit (Patagonia). We spent 3 nights in Tierra Atacama and really enjoyed it. The hotel is beautiful and just blends into the desert surroundings - the views are breathtaking and the excursions are great. I would suggest to review the menu of excursions available in advance of your visit - there's lots to do and see depending on your level of interest. I had a massage at the spa which was quite lovely - the only complaint was that there was some construction going on in spa, right above my massage room so it was difficult to just relax given all the banging - but i believe this is why they were having a promotion of 15% massages. Perhaps better if they scheduled massages when the work was not going on. The massage itself was wonderful and the spa facilities are beautiful. On booking the hotel, I made mention that it was our anniversary and on the first night they sent us a bottle of champagne and cheese and crackers,which was lovely. On making the reservation, they said we could have organize a couples hot tub overlooking the mountains but upon check in they never mentioned it I also never asked as I hadn't seen the secluded hot tub until the morning we were leaving the hotel. The hotel staff are friendly and very accommodating. We really enjoyed the food and the wine and our tour guides.
My one recommendation to the hotel, given the one hour travel to/from airport, i would suggest that the drivers have a cooler with water to provide guests with, especially given the heat.
We enjoyed our stayed and our hike to Toco!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tierra Atacama is a boutique hotel on the edge of San Pedro de Atacama. It was created by the Purcell family, long time owners and operators of hotels, famous in Chile for the excellent food and warm hospitality. Tierra Atacama provides guest experiences that combine outdoor adventure and sports with indoor comforts, hospitality and excellent service. Tierra Atacama’s architecture, interior design and gardens were designed by some of Chile’s leading creative talent. Our objectives were to be as authentic as possible, using furniture and accessories handmade with local materials, while also creating a place that allows guests to relax, spoil themselves and enjoy the good-life in this magical part of the earth. Our ambiance is casual and friendly; we want our guests to be comfortable in our common areas just as if they were in their own homes. Enjoy one of the welcoming private corners of the hotel such as a seat by one of the terrace fire pits, lounge next to the pool or relax on one of the shady outdoor decks. When night falls, take in the brilliant stars, bask in the peace and wonder that is the Atacama Desert. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tierra Atacama Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tierra Atacama Hotel San Pedro De Atacama
- Tierra Atacama Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Tierra Atacama
- Tierra Atacama Hotel & Spa San Pedro De Atacama, Chile