“Fantastic stay”

Altiplanico Atacama
Akrotiri, Cyprus
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

What can I say? From the moment we arrived to our last minutes there; the staff were always very friendly and helpful. More than happy to help make our stay better. I had my birthday while staying there and they were happy to help my husband organise a special meal and bubbly.

On our last day we had an early start, for an excursion and we would have had to have checked out the night before; not necessary as they extended our booking until 14:00 which meant we could shower and relax before our flight.

It is a short walk away from the 'town' itself, the roadis unlit, but with a torch it's not an issue.

We cannot find any negatives about this hotel!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caroline R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Turkish first
Christchurch
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My partner & I stayed at Hotel Altiplanico for 5 days midweek in late May 2014. The hotel was pretty quiet while we were there, but it was out of season and during midweek. We had a superior room, (205) that has a separate bathroom & an outdoor shower. The room was very stylish and spotlessly clean and very comfortable. There was a sheltered outside area which was nice to sit in when sunny. The quality of the furnishing in the room was excellent and the gas heater in the room was invaluable on those cold desert nights. The servicing of the room was regular and undertaken quickly and to a great standard. All the staff, especially the girls on the reception, were friendly & kind, and were extremely helpful when asked. The Hotel grounds were exceptional, very well maintained and nice to sit in on occasion. The pool & spa looked nice, but were far too cold to use at this time of year. The Hotel is located about 900m from the centre of town, and the walk was very safe and not too tiring, but a torch is essential at night. Overall, we thought that the Hotel was just what we were looking for and was perfect for a quiet stay. Recomened

Room Tip: Our room was towards the back of the complex and very quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 7, 2014

My wife and I were really impressed with this hotel, located about a 10-minute walk from central San Pedro de Atacama. The walk, which is safe, ultimately leads to an understated entryway that's hard to miss, so keep that in mind.

We thought the grounds were beautifully maintained and the rooms were charming. The bed was comfortable and the room was kept nice and cool by what seemed to be (but who knows, could have been a facade) adobe construction. We appreciated the coziness of the hotel, which had plenty of free space but didn't feel as stuffy as we'd expect somewhere of this quality to. We thought the staff clearly cared about their guests and creating high-quality experiences.

We had dinner in, which we should have known would be expensive (even by San Pedro standards). If you don't mind walking into town, it's best to go there as you'll end up overpaying at the hotel. The food was good, but not enough to justify the prices. Everything else was great, from the breakfasts they prepared for us especially for our early excursions to the cleanliness of the room.

We wished the lights were better in the room; at night, even with all lights on, it was pretty dim in there. It could just have been our room, though, and wouldn't keep us from wholeheartedly recommending the Altiplanico.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JBATrojan
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 3 days in May, 2014. We loved it. The staff is great, very friendly, english speaking, very accomodating. We were upgraded to a two bedroom suite, which was great. The grounds are beautiful, and look like it might be a happening place in the high season. Lots of space by the pool and fire pit area to sit and relax. The food was really good as well. It's a little bit of a walk to the downtown area (7 - 10 minutes) down a dark path. I think the hotel provides flash lights for the walk. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 909elainec
Sydney
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed here for three nights, and really enjoyed the ambiance of an adobe hotel.

The thing that most impressed my wife and I however was the friendliness and the willingness of staff to go out of thier way to help.

From helping us do an on line check in (in Spanish), arranging an early breakfast when we had to leave early to take to a tour, to calling LAN to confirm our seats, to arranging a taxi at a very good rate to go to the Tebinquinche lagoon, to chasing up the bus company when they were a little late to pick us up for the transfer to Calama.

The staff in th restaurant were equally helpful and friendly.

Loved the outdoor shower though didn't use it for that purpose it was too cold late April; but I used that area for some astroimaging with a camera tracking mount.

Little outdoor area to sit around admire the view of the volcano and sink a beer or two after a hot day in the desert.

It's a little far from town, and you really need a torch-flashlight-after dark, but felt quite safe. A 10 , maybe 15 minute walk

Tours and the bus to Calama will pick you up and drop you at the hotel.

The area is really dark so it's possible to get some decent nightscapes with a digital SLR camera.
Wifi works well, plenty of hot water, rooms clean, housekeeping of a high standard.

Don't know if I ever will go back to SDP, but if I ever did I'd certainly stay here. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank seeker372011
Balneario Camboriu, SC
Reviewed April 30, 2014

There are better hotels in San Pedro, the service could be a little bit better, but for the cost, this one is a reasonable one in San Pedro. The rooms are cozy and have special decorations from local arts. there is a swimming pool that looks awesome, but it's so cold you can hardly get inside ( maybe during summer time). To get to downtown of San Pedro you must take a short walk of about 10 minutes, sometimes it gets anoying since the days are hot and the sun is on your head, and the nights are chilly. One thing thar bottered me while there, I stayed for 5 nights, and asked if it would be possible to have a "semi-late" check out - regular check out is at noon, and I asked to leave the room by 2 pm, even offered to pay extra. They just said it wasn't possible and that the rroms where not available. I had to pack one day early, they took the baggages out of my rooms and when I got back from a tour at 1:30 pm had to take a shower in somewhat a "comunitty"shower they offer for guests. And I noticed the rooms, even the one I was staying were empty. I felt like there was a lack of interest in pleasing , in trying better. It s pitty, but I don t recommend it, wont stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank ALEKLABU
Kansas
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed for three nights, to hike and tour the great desert area. Would have gone there just to go on a start-gazing tour, but I ended up doing two other tours as well. The hotel had a rustic feel, very quiet and very quaint, but with all the amenities a traveler needs. Short 8-minute walk to the center of the village, I was there three nights and never took a taxi, it was more fun to walk everywhere.

Room Tip: Get a bungalow all by itself, I think they cost about the same and you are completely by yourself.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo