“Fantastic experience, great guides - a must-do if you have a motorcycle license.”
Review of On Safari Atacama

On Safari Atacama
More attraction details
Owner description: On Safari Atacama offers guided motorbike and 4x4 tours. Prices are all inclusive.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
Reviewed December 5, 2011

In September (2011), I did 2 tours in one day with these guys. The night before the actual tour we met at my hotel to discuss details and prepare. The guides showed a professional attitude and were laid back at the same time (which I think is a perfect combination).

On the day of the tour I was picked up at my hotel and we headed to the base camp just outside San Pedro. The motorbikes were quite new and well kept. One of the guys is also a mechanic which is reassuring. The tour itself was absolutely beautiful and the guide was very knowledgeable about the area and the history of it all. We saw some waterfalls, geisers, swam in hot springs during lunch time, saw some active vulcanos (or at least you could see toxic waste on the top of the vulcano), saw the salt lakes, the moon valley and a beautiful sunset.

Basically, if you have a motorcycle license, this is the best experience you can get.

Mike.

2 Thank MdeGroot82

Tucson, Arizona, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic, professional motorcycle tour”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I had an amazing time on my tour with On Safari Atacama. The staff picked me up at my hotel outside San Pedro de Atacama and took me back to their location, where my bike (BMW F650) was prepped and ready to go. They were incredibly friendly and professional, and spoke very good English to match my sub-par Spanish.

We explored the region around San Pedro de Atacama and did some fun off-road that included water crossings and even a little bit of sand. Nothing too technical. Also did a brief tour of the petroglyphs on foot. My guide was very knowledgeable about the history of the location and the region in general.

Chile just might be the best place in the world to ride a motorcycle, and I highly recommend these guys. Next time I'll spend a whole week with them.

Visited September 2011