Hostal Solor
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hostal Paloma Celestial(San Pedro de Atacama)
Very Good 4/5
    Hostal Kirckir(San Pedro de Atacama)
    Very Good 4/5
    Parina Atacama Apart Hotel(San Pedro de Atacama)
    • Pool
    Lodge Ancar Atacama(San Pedro de Atacama)
    Great 4.5/5
    Hotel La Aldea(San Pedro de Atacama)
    Average 3/5
    Good 3.5/5
    • Breakfast included
    Portal Andino Lodge(San Pedro de Atacama)
    Average 3/5
      La Casa de Don Tomas(San Pedro de Atacama)
      Very Good 4/5
      Awasi Atacama - Relais & Chateaux(San Pedro de Atacama)
      Excellent 5/5
      Hotel Noi Casa Atacama(San Pedro de Atacama)
      Great 4.5/5
      All reviewsthe main streethot watersan pedrotea and coffeejaviertowntourwifi
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed January 5, 2011

We had a very nice stay here at Solor. Rooms are basic but we were here only to sleep. The area had a lot to offer. The owner Sylvia was very nice and helpfull. Breakfast was okay. I saw some review about the location. If you know how to walk, it is 15 min tops to the center. Overall we were satisfied.

• Stayed: January 2011
      Reviewed September 6, 2010

The owner Sylvia was really lovely and made us breakfast on a beautifully set table - great way to start the day. She gave us advice about tourist destinations and even lent us towels for the day. She also rents good quality bikes - very useful!

I saw that the last people to write about the hostel said it was far away from the centre. I tend to disagree. Everything in San Pedro is close! I dont know how slow they were walking but it took me 10, max 15 minutes 'strolling' to get to the hostel. And it's right next to about 3 other hostels and a small family park so i felt really safe.

I think we actually stayed one of the nights that those girls (who wrote previously) did and I can't believe how hypocritical they're being. These latin girls (not sure if they were chilean or otherwise) came in at about 4am one morning and I think everyone woke up. They were clearly drunk and had a man with them. I saw from my window that Sylvia asked him to leave before they got to the bedroom. (thank god!). I think that annoyed them quite a bit but my partner and I were happy because it just shows that the owner doesn't want that type of activity happening in her hostel. I feel that their accusations of robbery, which I find rather unlikely considering how generous she was to us, may have made Sylvia regret letting them stay.

It was obviously a hassle for her but apart from that very bizarre awakening that night we had a really relaxing time and managed to share a few evenings with Sylvia and other guests in the dining room. We all drank tea and chatted while she ironed the sheets etc. Just like being at home really! :)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
      1  Thank Clerkster
      Reviewed September 4, 2010

we were there for 3 days and it was a very bad experience;

first, we realize it wasn`t 10 min far of town, it`s a big lie, actually are more than 30 minutes walking and is near the highway in a very lonly and dark place that can be dangerous.
      second, the owner mrs. silvia, didn`t give us privacy, while we were sleeping she looks at the window, she came into our room without a reason because wasn`t room service but i`m sure she looks at my luggage and move some stuff.
      third, i had to beg for a towel in front all the other guest, and then she gave me one because mine was dirty
      It was for sure the worst place i have even been! people there are so many better places in downtown don`t make the same mistake as us. DON`T SPEND YOUR VACATIONS NIGHTS AT SOLOR. And the last detail, when we were leaving i told Mrs. SILVIA PLAZA the way she treated us, would be her letter of presentation online, and then she stole my lipstick from the pedestal table... mysteriously disappeared in a second.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
      1  Thank evelyn_sc
      Reviewed January 21, 2010

We’d been told previously that it’s really hard to get accommodation in San Pedro, so we booked Hostal Solor ahead. In hindsight we wished we’d waited and looked around when we arrived. It’s not that the hostel was bad; quite on the contrary. The hostel was run by a friendly (non-english speaking) hostess. Whom served a good breakfast and offered to run us places if she was around. Whilst the rooms were modern, clean and serviced daily.

It’s just it was too far out of town (especially when you have to walk 20 minutes in 40 degree heat) and too god-damn expensive. I can’t remember the total cost of our three-share room, but compared (relatively) to other rooms in other hostels that our friends had stayed in, it was at least twice the price. Far too much in my book!

I’d recommend this place to Spanish speaking travelers (so you can get the most out of the hostess) who have a good budget and want to get out of town (for whatever reason that may be).

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
      Reviewed January 19, 2010

When we arrived at Hostal Solor, I wasn´t overly impressed. Although very neat, clean and tidy, the rooms seemed quite small and basic. The framed prints of local scenes on the wall help brighten the rooms up, but they are pretty functional really, as opposed to inspiring- and expensive too, but hey, this is San Pedro!

However, after a day or two of staying there we came to realise that Doña Silvia, the owner, is basically the nicest woman in the world. She serves a lovely breakfast and is just about the warmest, frienliest, most welcoming woman you could hope to meet. After realising this, we came to really enjoy ours stay there.

So, if you´re looking for luxury, then look elsewhere... but if it's a genuinely warm welcome and some peace and quiet away from the centre you´re after, then look no further!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family