“It shakes the earth, but it does not overturn.”
Review of Barros Restaurante

Barros Restaurante
Reviewed March 7, 2019

It was the bar chosen by the group to drink a Chilean cocktail called 'Earthquake' (Terremoto) and when we got there, it was a bar with live Latin music with Andean instruments. Even Tom Jobim in Spanish was sung.

The city is strange, for it is forbidden to dance by law. Latinos forbidden to dance? Bars can not serve alcoholic beverages without food. We had dinner a few minutes before. Then the waiters serve a bascket of bread and sauces, a Brazilian way of circumventing the stupid laws.

Date of visit: February 2019
Write a reviewReviews (459)

Reviewed January 17, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I shared a chorrillana and it was pretty awful - tough beef, cheap chorizo. My daughter had the fried fish and batter was soggy and she said it tasted like frozen fish. I had a glass of house white which was so awful I had to switch to red after about two sips - what a disappointment all round.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 24, 2018 via mobile

Worst place to eat in Atacama ever!!
Worst service ever. Do not even try it. They gave us refrigerated Cevitse

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Puerto Varas go three nights. The food was so good on the first night that we went again on third. This is unusual for us. I am amazed by some of the poor reviews. My suspicion is to do with choice. Our guide advised that the meat was the speciality. It was as good as I have had. Fantastic tenderloin cooked on a chargrill in the entrance lobby. The service was very friendly and the dress informal. Strongly recommend. This is the only 5* I have put in a 3 week trip in Chile

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

Quite a nice ambiance in this place and good service. Good cocktails as well. However the food was terrible. Tortilla much too salty. The soup was from a package. The beef pie was dry and tasteless.

Date of visit: November 2018