“Local Scene”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Stanford, California
“Local Scene”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This place was recommended to us by locals. We went twice. The first night our empanadas took forever to come (but it was one of the busiest weekends of the year). However, they were humungous and delicious and totally made up for the wait. Our drinks that night were super tasty. The second time we went was just for drinks and the bar scene. We ended up sharing a big table with lots of locals which was super fun and authentic. Unfortunately, it was late enough that they were out of some of the drinks on the menu. The dancing was great fun. There wasn't really a dance floor, just the space between tables, but pretty much everyone was cycling between sitting and drinking and dancing. It was a fun musical chairs/tables/dance floor that meant you met lots of people. The decor and architecture sets a fun vibe.

• Visited November 2013

TN USA
“Pricey but good”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Let me start by saying almost everything in San Pedro is a bit pricey but considering how far in e middle of no where you are, it's worth the extra for a bit of comfort. I had the risotto de quinoa and it was delicious! Almost like a heavy soup, plent of vegetable and lots of queso....friends had the pizza and they liked it as well. Try the pisco sours or the crystal cervesa...yum and just perfect after a long day of travel.

• Visited December 2012
Chile
“The "pub"”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

It smees it is the only place where you can dance. I didn't understand if it is forbidden to have parties or places for dancing in San Pedro, but the dance stopped at a moment the police was closer. And the place must be closed by 2 am. I had no drinks but I have the feeling that this is a place for meeting people, having a drink and dancing. Not for eating.

Visited November 2012
Santiago, Chile
“Very kind staff!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I got sick during my stay in San Pedro, so I came into the Cafe Export for some soup. One of the waiters could tell I wasn't feeling so great, so he asked me what was wrong. After a short talk he brought me a large cup of tea to sip while I waited for my food. "This will help," he said. He came into check on me a couple more times but never charged me for the tea.

Visited June 2012
Santiago
“Great drinks, music and ambience”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Looking for a place to chill out while having a good drink in a friendly, party-like place? Well, this is IT! Is not the place itself, but the people that hang out in this bar who are mostly locals with very good vibe that light up the evening.
Do be patience if you arrive after 9pm because it might be hard to get a table.

Visited May 2012