“Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #56 of 245 Restaurants in Isla Chiloe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Our host Amory, from Chepu Ecolodge, recommended this restaurant. We ordered the curanto which was easily could of fed a third person. It was filled with mussels, clams, chicken, potatoes and some other foods we couldn't identify. Wow, what a culinary delight and so nice to eat a traditional Choloe dish.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The setting and atmosphere is authentic and is populated by locals. The service i found a little slow but then i did order the curanto...a large stew meal however this is their reputable dish. The food was big and found to be salty although not sure if salt is chilean preference. The seafood was good and the meat options average as fatty. The place had no wifi nor TV. Went for the curanto and wouldn't rush back.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We went to Kuranton for lunch to have their Curanto sine it was written up in Lonely Planet.
This is a lunch type pub which is rather "homey" and quaint. Since I never had Curanto before I am probably not a good judge...but I found it flavorful, especially when you dipped the shell fish, meat and potatoes into the warm broth provided.

I can not see this place for an evening meal.

1  Thank TopsideMI
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about this place, honestly. The food is amazing. I returned three times in my 4 night stay in Ancud.
Service is good and the prices are decent. I'd suggest a dish but all that I had were amazing, so choose whatever you'd like!
The pisco sours are pretty good too.

1  Thank Anita L
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Went for my husband to experience the Curanto, which he claims was excellent. Since clams and mussels are questionable choices for him, it was high praise. The meat component of the dish didn't receive the same praise. Tough cuts. A vegetarian, my food was less than satisfactory. I dug out the veggies and left the rest.