“Avoid”
Review of frutos del mar

frutos del mar
Ranked #34 of 62 Restaurants in Coquimbo
Cuisines: Seafood
Brockville, Canada
“Avoid”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I went to this restaurant for a seafood lunch and ordered their signature plate (frutos del mar) along with a Chilean salad. Shortly after I placed my order a waiter showed up at my table with two empanadas. I told him (in Spanish) that I had not ordered empanadas, but he assured me they were part of my meal. It was only when I got the bill that I found I was paying extra for them.

I asked to take the two biscuits I hadn't eaten with my meal as I was certain they would only be thrown in the garbage otherwise. I was given a paper bag to take with me. It was only later when I opened in the bag that I found it only contained one biscuit. I wonder who got the other one -- hopefully not another customer, but I would not at all put it past the waiter to do that.

I won't be going back. I suggest anyone who reads this take warning. That is unless you enjoy eating food other people have left, or fighting with waiters about your order or your bill.

• Visited August 2011