“Authentic visit of the countryside with a passionate tour guide”
Review of Real Cambodia Tour

Real Cambodia Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A unique, behind the scenes view of Cambodian village life. My name is Savet and I will take you into the heart of the countryside, see how my fellow villages make rice paper, dried banana, weave cotton and make rice wine. Come and meet my extended family, you have not seen Cambodia until you see it through local eyes. Half day, full day or personslised tours by tuk tuk and by cycle if you wish.
Reviewed May 16, 2018

Savet is really passionate about his job and gives you a great tour of the countryside, showing you the making of the rice wine, the rice paper, the banana chips, the dried mango paste and so much more. He will invite you to the house of his parents (old style) where you will have the chance to see how the locals live, cook and sleep.
He will also invite you to his home where you will share a delicious lunch prepared by his wife.
We ended the full day tour with the visit of the killing caves and adjacent temple & the departure of the thousands of bats from the cave at sunset.
Excellent day that I recommend.

Savet V, Owner at Real Cambodia Tour, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear SteffAfrica
Thank you very much for your time to leave a review for me.
It was my great honour to show you my hometown.
I hope you will enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Note: Hi everyone if you want to make a tour with me I would like you to check my website:realcambodiatour.com
Email: info@realcambodiatour.com
WhatsApp: +855 70854044
Contact me I will make the best day for you.
Hope to see you soon.

"real cambodia"
in 11 reviews
"interesting sights"

Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

We did the half day tour with Savet, where we rode the Bamboo train and visited the killing caves and bat cave.

Savet was a great tour guide, who was very knowledgable about each site we saw. He also taught us about the history of the Khmer and answered any questions we had

Savet was a very knowledgable and genuine guy, and would definitely recommend to others!

1  Thank Elliott_Begley
Savet V, Owner at Real Cambodia Tour, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Dear Elliott
Hi Thank you for your time to leave a review for me even you had a short time here but great to hear that you enjoyed the day with my tour.
I was so really glad to show you those.
I hope to see you again in the future.

Note : Hi everyone I would like to tell you that if you want to make a tour in Battambang I would like you to check my:
Website: realcambodiatour.com
Email: info@realcambodiatour.com
WhatsApp: +855 70854044
If you want to make a unique and best tour in Battambang so do not hesitate to contact me I assure to make the best day ever for you.
You will get the best tour price in low season.
Hope to see you soon.
Best Regards
Savet

Reviewed March 23, 2018

At a super fair price of $25 a person for close to 10 hours of private tour that includes home-made true Cambodian snacks and waters, this was by far the best deal we got during our entire 2 week stay in Cambodia.

Savet was incredibly responsive to emails, we set up our trip on last minute even and he promptly scheduled us in.

First, we took a tuk-tuk to grab some bikes. On the way, we stopped to observe agriculture, where we were given an in-depth explanation about the agricultural economy, the process, and the daily lives of farmers. I learned so much already just in that one conversation.

We then got some bikes, met his very sweet family, and headed into the village for our cultural exploration. There was so much to learn about at every stop of the way, even thinks I never would have noticed that actually hold significance in the community. Savet even gave us a lengthy explanation of Cambodian politics, how loans work there, etcetera. I learned more that any google search.

We rode through the beautiful natural rural area, meeting school children along the way, and other lovely gems that I'll let YOU see for yourself.

We then rode back to drop off the bikes, and began our tuk-tuk tour to see how bamboo rice, banana chips, silk, rice paper, cane juice, and homemade rice wine is made. So many delicious snacks!!!

We even went to a traditional Cambodian home (where his sweet grandmother lived) and talked about the various plants, herbs, and fruits that are grown in Cambodia, as well as what they're used for.

Had a nice little lunch break

We learned about various temples and pagodas, more about local culture, and headed to the mountain where we chatted with a monk for a while and learned about their lifestyle. Riding up the beautiful mountains to the killing caves and the pagoda and the very top where tons of macaque monkeys were playing. Then we chatted more about Cambodian life while waiting for the sun to set at the bat caves. (Wow what a sight).

Overall we had the most in depth learning experience with an incredibly knowledgable and kind tour guide and the price is SO FAIR. If I could I'd do it all over again.

*** I'd like to note that Savet is currently trying to make enough money so that he can donate 10% of his proceeds to local children who cant afford school books, supplies, etc.. So not only is it a wonderful trip, but it's for a good cause as well.

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

I agree with all of the other reviews, this is a must do tour when in Battambang. Savet is lovely and the whole day was varied and fun. We can’t recommend it enough.