“The best tour we've ever done!!!!”
Review of Real Cambodia Tour

Real Cambodia Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A unique, behind the scenes view of Cambodian village life. My name is Savet and I will take you into the heart of the countryside, see how my fellow villages make rice paper, dried banana, weave cotton and make rice wine. Come and meet my extended family, you have not seen Cambodia until you see it through local eyes. Half day, full day or personslised tours by tuk tuk and by cycle if you wish.
Reviewed March 7, 2018

We've been on some great tours on our travels but Savet's tour is just wonderful, not just for the places he takes you...yes the cycling around his village and meeting his wonderful family are amazing, as are the millions of bats flying out of the cave, the killing caves were very moving and emotional..these are highlights of the tour but the thing that makes this tour is the man himself Savet, such a genuinely nice, knowledgeable and friendly guide whom you could ask all manners of questions...if you're in Battambang you NEED to do this tour you will not be disappointed...Thank you Savet for a most memorable day

All reviews
"real cambodia"
in 11 reviews
"interesting sights"

Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

We did a full day tour with Savet and had an absolute blast. He is very passionate and knowledgeable about his culture, and provided lots of interesting information throughout the day. His English is excellent and was very interactive with us in conversation; it was a unique personal experience visiting his home and village and getting a look into authentic local life. We learned about all different sorts of handicrafts from each of the surrounding villages. We even had the chance to meet his beautiful newborn baby and wife! I would highly recommend this tour, a definite highlight of Cambodia!

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

We spend a half day with Savet visiting his family, cycling around, going up to the mountain temple and watching the bats. He was great and his English is perfect. Due to the lack of sunshine he skipped some activities which would have not been worth it and was also adapted the price for this trip accordingly. So no rip off and lovely experience. Definitely recommended!

Savet V, Owner at Real Cambodia Tour, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Dear Alexandra
Thank you very much for giving a nice comment.
I was so really happy to make it for you.
I hope you will enjoy the rest of your holiday.
You will be warmly welcomed when you come back next time.
Best Regards

Reviewed January 16, 2018 via mobile

This is a unique experience that you could regret not doing especially when it’s too late and this way of life has passed before the big push to commercialise everything has taken place.
Savet’s day tour was much more than a simple guided tour / day out. It’s like I got to know a little more about the reality of everyday life for a local Cambodian family and a deeper understanding of their culture. And most importantly I didn’t feel like I was intruding nor was I treated as an intruder . Savet is a lovely well spoken and generous guide offering you a personalised insight into the local businesses, his family and his primary school and community.
As all of his previous reviewers have said the day was fantastic but my memory will be of listening to Savet, meeting his family and understanding a little better the strength and beliefs of the Khmer people. A delight to spend time with him.

Dear Maggie
I would like to say thanks so much for your time with me during in Battambang. Thanks to choose me to show you around. I was so glad to hear that you enjoyed it so much. I just say that my tour that I gave you it was about local experience.
I have been living Battambang for my whole life so i was so happy to share you my place and my people.
Thank you very much.
Kind Regards

See more reviews
Reviewed December 22, 2017 via mobile

We had the most wonderful day with Savet. He was really friendly, knowledgable and spoke excellent English. Despite the closure of the bamboo train, we did the 200m anyway for the experience, to kickstart the day. This was followed by a great bike ride around Savet’s village, meeting local people and his family. We ever got to meet his gorgeous newly born son- William. After that we sampled local sticky rice in Bamboo, dried banana, ‘helped’ to weave a scarf, knocked back some rice wine and saw how rice paper was made. Then we made our way to the mountain to the sombre killing cave, a view of the province up the mountain and witnessed the bats emerge from their cave. It really was an amazing experience. I would highly recommend this tour of you wish to see the local area in all its glory. Thank you Savet for a truly a memorable day!!!

1  Thank Sam R

Dear Sam
I like so much your nice words about me. Your sharing makes me very proud of my work.
I really appreciate your kindness of meeting my family and my people. We will never forget this time with you.
I wish you all the best of luck.
Best Regards