“Best tour in Battambang ”
Review of Real Cambodia Tour

Real Cambodia Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A unique, behind the scenes view of Cambodian village life. My name is Savet and I will take you into the heart of the countryside, see how my fellow villages make rice paper, dried banana, weave cotton and make rice wine. Come and meet my extended family, you have not seen Cambodia until you see it through local eyes. Half day, full day or personslised tours by tuk tuk and by cycle if you wish.
Reviewed January 16, 2018 via mobile

This is a unique experience that you could regret not doing especially when it’s too late and this way of life has passed before the big push to commercialise everything has taken place.
Savet’s day tour was much more than a simple guided tour / day out. It’s like I got to know a little more about the reality of everyday life for a local Cambodian family and a deeper understanding of their culture. And most importantly I didn’t feel like I was intruding nor was I treated as an intruder . Savet is a lovely well spoken and generous guide offering you a personalised insight into the local businesses, his family and his primary school and community.
As all of his previous reviewers have said the day was fantastic but my memory will be of listening to Savet, meeting his family and understanding a little better the strength and beliefs of the Khmer people. A delight to spend time with him.

Savet V, Owner at Real Cambodia Tour, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Dear Maggie
I would like to say thanks so much for your time with me during in Battambang. Thanks to choose me to show you around. I was so glad to hear that you enjoyed it so much. I just say that my tour that I gave you it was about local experience.
I have been living Battambang for my whole life so i was so happy to share you my place and my people.
Thank you very much.

"real cambodia"
in 11 reviews
"interesting sights"

Reviewed December 22, 2017 via mobile

We had the most wonderful day with Savet. He was really friendly, knowledgable and spoke excellent English. Despite the closure of the bamboo train, we did the 200m anyway for the experience, to kickstart the day. This was followed by a great bike ride around Savet’s village, meeting local people and his family. We ever got to meet his gorgeous newly born son- William. After that we sampled local sticky rice in Bamboo, dried banana, ‘helped’ to weave a scarf, knocked back some rice wine and saw how rice paper was made. Then we made our way to the mountain to the sombre killing cave, a view of the province up the mountain and witnessed the bats emerge from their cave. It really was an amazing experience. I would highly recommend this tour of you wish to see the local area in all its glory. Thank you Savet for a truly a memorable day!!!

1  Thank Sam R

Dear Sam
I like so much your nice words about me. Your sharing makes me very proud of my work.
I really appreciate your kindness of meeting my family and my people. We will never forget this time with you.
I wish you all the best of luck.
Best Regards
Savet

Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

We had a great day out with Savet, he took time to tell us about his and the local people's way of life which was really interesting. His English is excellent, and gave us a great tour, despite his wife due to give birth, which must have occupied his thoughts. Unfortunately that meant we didn't get to sample her cooking. But tried rice wine and spring rolls, sun dried bananas and delicious sticky rice cooked in bamboo. Rode bikes through the village and countryside and bats leaving their cave where also highlights. We can recommend his tour.

Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

We feel as if we have been given insight into real Cambodian family living. This whole trip all we wanted was to see Suvet. It was a wonderful all round adventure. He even took us when his first child is due!! We would like to wish Suvet, his wife and new baby good fortune. We are so grateful for your insight and knowledge. We recommend you to everyone and anyone!
Lily and Johanna