“Amazing day with Mr Samol”

Discover Battambang with Samol Tuk-Tuk & Motorbike Tours
Ranked #10 of 62 Tours in Battambang
More attraction details
Owner description: Hello! My name is Samol, I am 28 years old and from Battambang, Cambodia. I have a degree in Management and Tourism and am currently a local guide! I speak English and a little French. To afford my studies and daily living expenses, I have decided to create a permanent tour operation. If you are looking to tour Battambang I offer tuk-tuk, motorbike and guide services. With over eight years of experience guiding travelers I have a wealth of knowledge that I would love to share with you! Let me educate you on my home town and show you some of Battambang's best sites. "Unique travelers, unique guide--seeing is believing"
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Had an absolutely amazing day with Samol! He took us around the city, to the bamboo train, and to the killing caves and the bat caves. Not only is he very well read and knowledgeable about Battambang, Cambodia and it's history, but he's also absolutely hilarious! He will give you a great insight into the history of the city, region, and the country, as well as many good laughs! Could not recommend this guy more. The best tour-guide and experience we have had since we've been in South East Asia.
If you're in Battambang and looking for a good tour (and a good time) Samol is the guy to go to!!

1  Thank Louise N
"bus station"
"background information"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

We met Samol by chance at Battambang bus station and how lucky we were. He is very flexible and lets you choose the sights of your choice. We did Battambang town, Bamboo Trains and Bat Caves which were all fantastic. Samol has great, almost child-like energy but is very informative and knowledgable at the same time. He will also make you feel like a friend and not a tourist which is hard to come by. He explained the history of Cambodia and gave some very honest opinions on the current state of the country which was interesting and refreshing. The sights were also very impressive and he went into detail explaining their past and stories behind them (with a few folk tales and jokes in there!) We have been in Asia 5 weeks and this was the best day we have had! Good luck from Ireland and Sweden, Samol!

Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

We arrived in Battambang not knowing much about the history or the attractions to see. Samol was great, taking us from the bus station to our hotel, to all the main attractions and then kindly took us to a night market for dinner. He was charismatic, very entertaining, and had heaps of knowledge about the history of Cambodia.

I would highly recommend Samol and his Wendy Tuk Tuk to anybody who is visiting Battambang. You will not be disappointed! Thank you so much Samol for an amazing day.

Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

Amazing day had with Samol. His tuk tuk is really comfy and large! Could 5 of us comfortably with all our luggage and played great music.

He suggested the best places for us to go and took us around for the whole day, the bamboo train was super fun!

We arrived at the killing caves and Samol told us so much information about the Cambodian history and Buddhist culture, it was like having our own tour guide! We then saw the bat caves and he drove us to the circus in Battambang, defiantly do this it's such a great show!

Samol then took us for dinner to an amazing local night market which was really cheap too!

I highly recommend Samol and his tuk tuk Wendy, had such a great day!! Five stars! Thank you Samol!