“huge rooms”

Ranked #1 of 45 Battambang B&B and Inns
sinaloa
“huge rooms”
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Theres not much tosee in Battambag, thats why we only stayed there for one night.
The hotel was just for that, it has 4 computers at the lobby which you can use for a cheap fee.
Rooms are very big and the shower has amazing pressure.
A/C worked fine during all day, which is something good for cambodian high temperatures.
Staff was helpful and they also offered us tuk tuk tour.
It has a terrace in the roof which we didnt used, but the man at the lobby said you could have drinks up there.

At the end of our stay they even gave us some scarfs as presents.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dublin
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Was met off the bus by a tuk tuk driver working for this hotel and were brought straight to it. It seems the longer you stay there the better deal you get on the room. We got a big double room with fan, TV and hot water for $8.00. Its not bad value at all. The staff though are not the best (at reception). Didn't leave a good impression. This hotel always seems full of backpackers and was sorry not to give a more local person the business. The Lonely Planet is not always so good to rely on I suppose. The rooftop restaurant is to be avoided. No where does more expensive, bad value, western food. Dreadful! The best restaurant in Battambang is Smokin Pot - which also does a cooking course for $8.00 - best value in South East Asia. Highly recommend this restaurant. Overall its an ok place to stay, good value but there is better out there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 25, 2010

The Hotel Royal in Battambang is well-equipped with spacious, if dark, rooms, hot and cold running water, A/C or fan, and very rude and unhelpful staff members. The staff member who we assumed was the manager was even a little creepy, and I was not at all sorry to leave the hotel and go on to our next destination. Overall, it's a decent value, but watch out for the staff...not a good vibe coming from them at all. I would especially recommend that single women or groups of female travelers stay away because of the particular staff member mentioned above.

• Stayed May 2010
Essex
Reviewed April 28, 2010

I tried to stay at the royal hotel as my guide book said it is great.
I wanted to enjoy the place but there was too many issues.
My hot water never worked. They said they would fix it but they never did. I complained every day about it and nothing happened.
Still it was very hot so having only cold water was not the end of the world although i was paying for hot.
The biggest problem I had was the management not only allowing touts inside the lobby but also letting them know my room number and come to my room to hassle me to go on a tour.
When I did go on tour I was out the whole day yet my room was never cleaned making me come back to a dirty smelly room when I too was dirty and smelly and needing cleaning.
I have never been treated like a money machine so much
Seriously, woken up by a moto taxi driver at 7am after I had been on a 10 hour boat ride the day before is not nice.
Also, the computers with internet in the lobby never had internet. This place advertisers so much but delivers so little.
The restaurant on the roof is a joke and much better food can be had at the white rose restaurant which is also cheaper.
The Royal hotel gave me a headache.
The Royal hotel gave me a headache.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Battambang , cambodia
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Good and clean hotel , It's a stone throw from the central market , friendly staff , Very helpful manager, and i went on the tour with a excellent english driver name Mr. Rich , i had a wonderful time here , the most recommended hotel in Battambang .

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank se7enhipstyle
Reviewed February 15, 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights in Jan 10 and payed $15 for a large clean odourless room equiped with AC,fridge,tv,hot shower and balcony.The furnishings are on the girly side but never the less it's a bargain.
The roof top restaurant is average at best but functional.
The lobby staff are cheeky but harmless,sense of humour required.
I did 1•5 days touring on the back of my guides motorcycle.My guide mr Buffallo was top drawer.

• Stayed January 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Reviewed February 8, 2010

Clean, cheap, friendly, Internet on site. Rent a moto ("Coco" is excellent) and get out of the city. I had my best times in Battambang, despite the city. Try Seeing Hands massage by the blind next door.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo