“Jam throw away from the Central Market”
Review of Royal Hotel

Royal Hotel
Ranked #1 of 45 Battambang B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“Jam throw away from the Central Market”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

First of all, I would like to say BEST of Best hotel I've stayed in Cambodia based on 3 main reasons: first Quality, second Price, third Service. From the moment I arrived at the entrance until the moment I left I was in a good mood, the manager help told me about the sightseeing in Cambodia and sharing his own travelling experience with me, he is absolutely good young man and has a natural talent, Mr. LAY is the high level English Speaker and French fluently too. I was given a beautiful scarf on my check out date and I've been told that is a symbol of luck and happiness. 25$ room include breakfast for me and my wife is value for money, of course, I have gotten more than what I have paid for, I think that the previous review from Maisie C was not the real traveler, I guess it was written by the hotel's competitor. Trust me , book this hotel. I will not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alain r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We had a pretty rubbish experience at this hotel and in fact left after one night and went elsewhere. It was very overpriced for what it was. We paid $25 for a double room for one night and considering we were in Cambodia you'd expect pretty good quality. There were stains on the sheets and pillows, the shower leaked from the bathroom into the bedroom and the tap wouldn't turn off properly. When we left the manager was very nice and they did offer us the best room they had for the next night and a refund of $5 but we just wanted to leave. We were on a budget and allowed ourselves one night in a nice place which turned out to be horrible. We went down the road to the Chaya where we paid $5 for a room.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ibiza, Spain
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay in this place, everything good you will read is real, the staff very kind and always helping guests but i have a few advises....
There was a little mess with the excursion (is not because of the staff) and i finally moved on my own. Thank you guys anyway, you have been very helpful, I strongly recommend this hotel in town.

Room Tip: checked in without a reservation and they gave me a very nice huge deluxe room with 2 queen beds and...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

we stayed two nights at the royal and got a huge room on the top floor with a nice balcony which was inviting for having a wine outside and watching the sunset. staff was helpful and friendly. especially stey lenh! she was informing us about everything and you can have a good talk with her about the city.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Lillemor B
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Located near central market. Big, superclean rooms and shower. Superfriendly, english speaking staff (helped finding a guesthouse after cancellation from another hotel).

Restaurant at rooftop (nice food, great coffee).

TIP: if you want a tuktukdriver for the day, ask for scorpio (speaks good english and gives a lot of explanation at the temples etc.
TIP: visit the local circus

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank silasrydant
Mexico
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Royal Hotel Battambang is the best choice you can make coming to Battambang.Starting from booking and questions we have sent email to the hotel and they always answered and tried to accommodate our needs. Tuk Tuk driver picked us up at the bus station. Mr. Soon, he was fantastic and knowledgeable and we were greeted in the beautiful hotel lobby. Stuff is amazing so friendly and helpful. They make you feef special. They helped us to organize tour and gave us tips on what to do in town. They always smile and joke. Rooms are spacious full of light with nice decoration. Food is great with big balcony. We liked it so much that we decided to stay 2 more days. I was reading reviews before booking this place and I was a bit sceptic-it was too good to be true but the reality is even better. This place is awesome.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed here for two nights but would of happily stayed longer.
The room was massive with a balcony, fridge, wardrobe, kings size bed and a clean bathroom.

The staff are friendly, always greeting you with a smile. They helped us book a bus to sihanockville too.

We were on the 3rd floor so there were a few steps but that was no problem for us! The staff even carried my bag for me anyway!

Would recommend