“Try the cheesecake”

Ambrosia Cafe
Ranked #21 of 108 Restaurants in Battambang
Cuisines: American, Cambodian, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Description: We offer many varieties of authentic Khmer, Thai,and Western dishes. Vegetarian and Vegan options are available for most of the dishes. Free: fast Internet,and board games
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Try the cheesecake”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We stumbled across this cafe when we were exploring on our bikes. It's bright, clean and laid back. Service was good. Although our food took a very long time to arrive, we were in no rush and really appreciated the owner apologising, keeping us updated, and giving us some discount vouchers for another visit. We ordered western food which did not disappoint. I highly recommend the cheesecake. It's the best dessert I've had since starting my travels. I just wish we had time to return the next day to buy more for our long bus journey. I saw a sign that said on Tuesday evenings they have a movie night available. As many people have already highlighted, the toilet is not in the best of locations, but all in all we would definitely eat here again if we're ever in the vicinity again.

Visited April 2014

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Friendly service, nice food and fantastic drink!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Going to Ambrosia Café under the heavy rain by Tuk Tuk driver recommendation, we did not disappointed at all. The American owner and his Khmer wife are very friendly and his wife can cook very nice food! What superb me is their Mojito! I am also so fall in love with its signature food "Ambrosia Rib"! We spend only 12$ for both of us with meal and drink. Very reasonable :)

• Visited April 2014
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Best food ever! ”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I just need to write a recommendation for this restaurant. The staff is so incredibly friendly and willing to give information on things to do around town.

We ate here 3 times in 2 days, just couldnt get enough. The flavors are so rich and this is by far the best food i've had in cambodia so far.

Made me so happy!

Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Frienly café with good Khmer food moved downtown”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I went a couple times in December 2013 before it moved. I heard the new location is #112 street 2.
I met the owners, Chendra and Iaan, a friendly Khmer American couple, She is the cook, he is an English professor.
The steamed fish in lime juice was very good. It reminded me of ceviche. They also used to have a weekly movie night at the old location; unsure if they still do it. Definitely a place worth trying.

DM

• Visited December 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Great service, great coffee”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

My first morning in Battambang I decided to go for a pre breakfast walk, and as I walked past this place a loud "good morning" in American accent rang out across the street... Anyway I came back here and got chatting to the owner (?) about coffee, he even brought me out the bag to smell... It was amazing coffee... (Which I have, unfortunately, been unable to find in any market) . The good was nothing spectacular, but the coffee and service definitely impressed, and only that I had to rush to catch the bus, meant that I didn't go back the next day.

1 Thank SueL1966