“Great value, great tasting breakfast”

Espresso Coffee House
Ranked #6 of 11 Coffee & Tea in Battambang
Cuisines: Cambodian, International
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Really good breakfast here - very good value compared to lots of others in the area. $1 for a cinnamon bagel (which was incredible and fresh), $1 for a fruit platter and $1 for a big coffee shake. Rest of the menu looks really good too!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

It was one of the few places in town open reasonably early for breakfast. I had some nice yoghurt with muesli, fresh fruit and a piece of banana cake, all tasty and fairly priced. It is located next to Royal Hotel, and rents bicycles at convenient 1,25$ per day. The woman I dealt with (I think the daughter in the family managing this place) was always smiling and helpful. If you rent a bicycle there you'll need to hand your passport (don't do that, ever), otherwise they will accept a deposit of 30$ (do that).

Reviewed January 1, 2014

The food here is delish!! I always had breakfast here during my stay in Battambang, but would occasionally drop in for lunch or dinner. The breakfast omelets are very good and filling. The fruit salads are fresh, and the coffee is really good. I tried some of the other noodle dishes for lunch and dinner and found them to be plenty and tasty. The family running the restaurant are also very nice people, who always smile and have time for a chat. There is comfortable seating outside to relax in, with ashtrays on the table for smokers. Non smokers can choose to sit inside or outside. It is located a couple of shops up as you turn right out of the hotel Royal.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Nothing special. Looks dirty and dark. Menu is very long. We ate fried noodles and had a shot of rum. We received wine glass full of rum :D very cheap place.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Discovered this place as it is almost next door to The Royal Hotel. It doesn't look anything special from outside but the menu is extensive both for local and Western food. All four of us sampled a different Khmer meal during our first visit and everything was delicious and fantastic value, with a large plate of fresh pineapple provided free of charge. During our stay it became a regular stopping off place to eat and we must have worked our way through quite a bit of the menu, always tasty, plentiful, hot, finished off with free fresh fruit and always served with smiles. It was the last place I visited in Battambang...take away hot banana bread for my onward journey and even then I got a container full of fruit thrown in!