“Great Place”
Review of Phnom Sampeau

Phnom Sampeau
Ranked #9 of 54 things to do in Battambang
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great sight, must visit in Battambang, they fry out from the cave between 5 until 6 in the evening. I paid 10 $ to get there, you can book the tour with the hotel is more reliable. on the mountain top you can see the Buddha Temples, and the great beautiful panoramic green view. Battambang is the second largest city in Cambodia, but not so many place to visit, I stayed in Battambang for two nights. anyway I really love Battambang because there is not so many tourists here.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Worthwhile place to visit. Found the killing caves extremely interesting. I opted to get a ride up on the back of a motorbike and it was well worth it for the $2. My driver was a senior High School student and very interesting to talk to. View great from the top.

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

We went with a guide to see the temple and stopped to see the killing caves half way up. Be warned if you walk up as we did it is steep, very tiring but worthwhile. As an alternative you can pay for a jeep or motorbike ride to the top. The views at the top are stunning and the killing caves a very poignant and humbling portrayal of the horrors that took place under the kymer rouge regime.

1  Thank Pete F
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My motorbike edged up the steep hill puttering along, but was able to make it to the top of the mountain. While walking around at the top I was the only one there (aside from vendors and monks). While I was photographing I got a bit too close to the monkeys and they almost attacked me (so, be careful, these are not the monkeys to interact with). After looking at the temples, I took the long stairs down into the killing cave. Bats fluttered above my head and the small cave to the left of the stairs was a pitch black hole. As I went inside I got a chill down my back. Perhaps just being alone in such a historically daunting place gave it an eerie feeling. It was really an incredible experience and I would highly suggest heading to Phnom Sampeau.

1  Thank Jordan C
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Up the hill by American Jeep that awesome and loved the scenery from top of hill. We absorbed cool fresh air, saw many caves, pagoda and on the way we stopped for lunch nearby the base of mountain that is absolutely delicious grilled chicken.

1  Thank SRGServices