“good food ; good place”

Green Mango Cafe and Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Battambang
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Try our signature Banana Bread French Toast with our Chorizo Sausage made in-house. Our contemporary coffee bar features lattes, cappuccinos and blended iced coffee. Cool off with a refreshing smoothie or fresh lime juice!A blend of American, Mexican, Italian and Khmer favorites comprise our lunch menu. Grab a boxed lunch for a day trip or bring in the whole family or office for a party. Free WiFi, air conditioning and delivery are available.Specialty brownies, cakes, cookies and muffins are made daily in our bakery. Purchase a loaf of white bread, whole grain rolls or herb foccacia to enjoy at home. Our Green Mango Pie is sure to be a favorite!
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I went to Green Mango and I enjoyed it. Food is good, staff are nice, place is clean. I came back for a coffe ; i like it, nice place to spend time and meet people.

There are newer reviews for Green Mango Cafe and Bakery

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Read a rave write-up on the glories of The Green Mango Café and Bakery’s sausage, biscuits and gravy on line and decided to sample their fare.
Truthfully my quest for decent sausage, biscuits and gravy in Cambodia has had more losing efforts than winning ones. Sure this is South East Asia, not Amarillo, Texas, so my quest could be viewed as somewhat quixotic. Nonetheless, every now and then I get a serious hankering for a platter full of sausage, biscuits and gravy.
The sausage, biscuits and gravy I’ve sampled in this neck of the woods has run the gamut from the sublime to the ridiculous. Good ole Texas boy Billy Mark fixed up a mighty fine batch of light and fluffy biscuits with zesty sausage gravy for a few months in Sihanoukville until he skedaddled to Phnom Penh. The other places I tried them, Senor Sushi in Kampot; the Gecko and Lotus Restaurants in Battambang tended toward rock hard biscuits and uninspired gravy.
Time for my S-B & G fix so I high-tailed it over to Green Mango to taste test theirs. When the waitress placed the plate in front of me the first thing I noticed was that the sausage gravy didn’t actually cover all the biscuits. “Stingy on the gravy” crossed my mind. I like my biscuits swimming in loads of gravy; slathered all over the place. So the visuals weren’t so hot.
Now for the taste: the biscuits were right on the money; fresh, soft and tasty. The gravy with bits of ground up sausage was under-seasoned. Heck, sausage, biscuits and gravy was originally blue collar, working-man’s grub; which had a piquant kick to it. The Mango’s sausage gravy was dainty and delicate. Nothing like the original Red-Neck stuff about it. And when I asked for some Tabasco sauce to liven it up, they didn’t have any and substituted an inferior locally made hot sauce which didn’t cut it.
On the balance sheet, OK stuff, but could have used a more aggressive, muscular seasoning.
I give The Mango’s S-B & G a solid B; fabulous biscuits accompanied by scant, rather bland gravy.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Nice and spacious. Nice place to relax on a hot afternoon. It is not open in the evening. The food portions are generous and the prices are reasonable. The staff works in English very well. The kitchen is decided from the main dining room by a glass window - super impressive. The kitchen is obviously very clean and the cook staff are what everyone would want in good clean food preparation.

wi-fi is available and service is prompt.

1  Thank kentpelton
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Let me start of by saying that the banana bread from here is amazing!! And I would often go there every sat to get a new loaf to take home to last me the week.

Besides the banana bread though the green mango dosnt really have much going for it. The food was bland and I found it hard to find something on the menu I wen wanted to eat. My smoothie was good although after ordering a mango smoothie it tastes as though the blender hadn't been cleaned after the last one and was mostly mango with some other things in it.

The atmosphere was as bland as the food and I really wouldn't be back again to stay. I'm happier picking up my banana bread and just leaving.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I love Green Mango! The food is amazing! The servers are so friendly! The cupcakes are to die for!
They have granola, chocolate chips, brownie mix etc... that you can buy and take away!
ANYTHING from the bakery is great, but you should try their banana bread!