Battambang My Homestay
  • Breakfast included
Maisons Wat Kor(Battambang)
Phka Villa(Battambang)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmr kunkhmer breakfastfresh fruitevery morningthe ownertuk tukthe rooms are super cleanthe bushome stayeach eveninga lovely stayspoke excellent englishbreakfast was deliciousbike tourthree nightstownaccommodation
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I stayed at Battambang My Homestay for a total of 2 nights and was really impressed by the hospitality considering the price. Authentic Khmer breakfast was served and every night fresh fruit would be delivered to my room. The owner, Kun was extremely friendly and helpful, booking my boat ticket to Siem Reap for me and he even woke up very early on my last day specially to send me off.

My tuk-tuk driver, Bun was also very friendly and sincere and brought me to many interesting attractions around the area. I got to know a lot more about the lifestyle of the locals through him.

The location was a little far from the town centre but it was rather relaxing and a great place to unwind at. Battambang is an area where you can truly observe how the locals make a living and the homestay made it a comfortable and enriching experience. I would strongly recommend it to any to-be travellers to the area!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank dadongrock
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were incredibly impressed with the guesthouse. The rooms are super clean, with a big comfortable bed and good-quality sheets. The best part of the stay was the wonderful owner, who made us feel like we were the only guests. He brought us fruit and made a delicious Cambodian breakfast. I can't recommend it more highly!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We chose A Homestay in Battambang because it was cheaper and less touristy but were a little worries about where we would land. Well in this instance there was no need. I would not call it your typical Homestay, it is more like a small, private motel in someone's front yard. Sounds strange but it does work. The rooms are large enough with a big (very hard but strangely comfortable) bed, a little sitting area and an interesting little bathroom. The whole place, rooms, outside eating area and so on are clean and tidy, the owner Mr Kun and his wife are friendly and very helpful. The breakfast is traditional food, but varies every morning and is tasty and I would say 'appropriately' cooked, no funny tummy here. A couple of things, there is no coffee so if you want coffee bring your own jar, Mr Kun will supply hot water, but alas no milk. The Homestay is a way out of town but as he loans bikes or organises a TukTuk for you we didn't find it an issue at all. We ended up having Nicky as our driver which was just great as he was a true local with good local knowledge.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank magdita m
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

What a lovely guesthouse in Battambang. We were very lucky to find Mr Kun and his beautiful home.

This homestay is one of the best we have stayed in. The rooms are cleaned daily and were spotless when we arrived.

Location was a bit out of town but this was nice to get away from the busy centre to relax.

The hospitality shown by Mr Kun was excellent. He brought us fresh fruit in the evening, organised our laundry and booked bus tickets for us.

Another bonus was that he sent Mr Nicky, an excellent tuk tuk driver to pick us up from the bus station when we arrived. We couldn't have asked for a better piece of luck as Mr Nicky was reliable, reasonable, had good English and we went on an excellent tour of the countryside with him for the day. Highly recommended.

Overall, I would definitely come back to this homestay. We were really made to feel relaxed and 'at home.' Nothing was too much of a problem and the breakfasts were excellent too! Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank perrrfect_cat
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I arrived after a bumpy ride from Siem Reap. After we read all of the other glowing reviews, we overlooked the slightly-inconvenient location (about a 5 minute tuk-tuk ride from the center of town) and booked a night at this quaint and friendly guesthouse run by the ever-gregarious Mr. Kun and his wife. Set in a quiet setting at the edge of town, Battambang My Homestay provided us a glimpse into Cambodian hospitality. From the complimentary pick-up at the bus station to the cold waters and fresh dragon fruit upon arrival, we immediately felt special.

The bed was comfortable with high-quality linen and the room tastefully decorated with faux-ivy mimicking the leafy surroundings. In the morning we were served a delicious complimentary Khmer pancake breakfast with tea before our day touring the Cambodian countryside. Mr. Kun was even kind enough to arrange our return bus tickets to Siem Reap.

If you are looking for great hospitality in a comfortable setting, look no further than Battambang My Homestay.

Room Tip: Fan room is comfortable enough during winter season
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple