“Mr Kun & Co were fantastic”

Battambang My Homestay
Ranked #2 of 45 Battambang B&B and Inns
London
“Mr Kun & Co were fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

My Homestay is definitely an example of service making a stay great. The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable, especially for the price - largely otherwise unremarkable (apart from the plastic vines and coloured lightbulbs, which give a wonderful Vegas motel feel). Mr Kun's hospitality every morning and evening when he'd serve us a new Khmer dish and talk to us was really welcoming. Also, the tuk tuk driver that he sent to pick us up (Nicky) was a brilliant man - so charming, kind and informative that we ended up hiring him for the next two days, during which we learned as much about Cambodia as we did in our other 4 weeks touring the country. Definitely recommend - one of our top picks.

Room Tip: We opted for A/C because it was quite cheap, but when we got there we realised we probably would'...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank trainsplanesandjames

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cairns
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a must do if you are visiting Battambang (which you should). Mr Kun and his family were so welcoming. They looked after me when I was sick and made sure we had everything we needed during our stay. The rooms were beautiful; clean and light. There is little to no noise near the homestay so it is very peaceful and a nice getaway from the big cities. The thing we appreciated above all of these wonderful things is Mr Kun's dedication to his community. He has a great set up with many tuk tuk drivers, helping us to get reasonable prices and them to have ongoing work. It truly is amazing. Make sure you sit down and have a conversation with Mr Kun and your tuk tuk driver!

Oh, and of course the breakfasts are sensational! Thank you, Mr Kun and family.

2 Thank KMarion1985
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed at My Homestay for three nights in June. It was our best hotel experience in Cambodia because of the extraordinary service, friendliness and efficiency of Mr. Kun, his family and his tour guide Nicky.

I cannot recommend My Homestay highly enough!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robertthemouflon
Siem Reap, Cambodia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Mr. Kun was a great host, from the moment we got in until when we left, Mr. Kun did his best to make sure our Battambang experience was the best to offer in town. The food was amazing, the rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. Each night, Mr. Kun and his wife greeted us with a different type of tropical fruit and water. Mr. Kun also organised (but didn't push) an excellent (and I mean the best) tour guide/tuk tuk driver to show us around Battambang. Nicky, our tuk tuk driver was so friendly, he really made us feel like family. I cannot say enough about how much Nicky made our trip. Nicky was genuinely interested in trying to make our time in Battambang excellent. He took us all around the countryside and introduced us to places we would never have seen without him. A real Khmer experience!

2 Thank kaylie297390
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Mr Kun and his family hosted us for a 7 week stay in Battambang. What really makes this guesthouse a cut above the rest are the personal touches - nothing is too much trouble for Mr Kun! Not only did we have delicious traditional Khmer breakfasts every day but also incredible evening meals which were negotiated due to our long stay. He also arranged a birthday cake for my husband which was so kind.

My Homestay is safe and secure with lovely clean rooms and a beautiful garden. It is a short walk/cycle into town and Mr Kun has excellent tour guides he can recommend for days out.

I cannot recommend My Homestay enough and is perfect for travellers or people staying in Battambang longer.

2 Thank DrDaisy1985
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed at My Homestay for 2 nights and wish we could stay longer! Mr Kun is an outstanding host who makes sure that everything is perfect. The rooms are clean and comfortable, breakfast is delicious and the free bikes are great for the 5 minute ride into town.

Our tours of the local area were provided by Sukha who took us to villages and places that most other tuk tuk drivers do not go. I highly recommend him if you want to see rural life from a local perspective.

In short, our stay here was 10/10! Thank you Mr Kun.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Simon T
Hornsea, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with Kun and his family for 4 nights in Battambang. All emails were quickly answered and as promised his tuk-tuk driver was waiting for me at the bus station after a 12 hour journey from sihanoukville.
Kun had asked the driver to take me straight to a restaurant for dinner as it was 8.30 pm and there is nowhere to eat near the home stay.
Room is large and bright with seating area and Asian style bathroom.
Breakfast is served at any time you ask and is different everyday. Kun explains each dish to you and he even rang me one day to apologise for not being there.
Different fruit platter is served every night when you return home when Kun asks what time you want breakfast in the morning.
The location is quiet and secure and only $1 in a tuk tuk from town. Free bikes are also available.
Kun had arranged an itinerary for me during my stay and had organised a driver for the day.
As I was leaving Kun took a souvenir farewell photo of me sat in the tuk tuk and emailed me a copy that night.
Hospitality is second to none!! Amazing.

• Stayed June 2013