“Friendly. Clean. Quiet.”

Battambang My Homestay
Ranked #2 of 45 Battambang B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had a great time at Battambang Homestay with Mr. Khun and his family. It was a great place to come back to after a long day of riding in the sun in the tuk tuk. Mr. Khun is as friendly as advertised, and very helpful. Breakfast is Khmer and delicious. The Homestay is in a quieter residential area, away from the town center, but only a short tuk tuk ride away.

Mr. Khun put us in touch with a great tuk tuk driver, Mr. Thean, who has the best Australian/British/Khmer accent and ready to be your dedicated tour guide to Battambang.

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: We recommend the aircon (only $3 more).
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Devi L
There are newer reviews for Battambang My Homestay

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a great place to stay, it is very clean, the breakfast was wonderful and the staff are friendly and helpful. Mr. Kun will help you to book anything you need and has the best tuk tuk driver that will give day tours and customize to whatever you want to see. Excellent value for both the rooms and the tuk tuk tours with Mr. Happy.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank NickTessa
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The owner, Mr Kun is incredibly nice and helpful. I sent an online enquiry from Siem Reap and he replied really promptly. His suggestions on what to do were great. The pleasant tuk tuk driver Mr Happy was waiting to collect me after the challenging bus ride. That was very welcome too :-) the room was large and clean and they had obviously put thought into making it welcoming. Great breakfast each day. Free wifi, quiet peaceful surroundings, free hire of bike. No complaints. really wish you all the best. thank you for your kind hospitality. Don't miss Battambang off your visit list and stay here for something local and special. Unless you prefer the luxury of an impersonal hotel....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Suzanne M
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great place to stay in Battambang. Tough to book, but I think we went on Agoda or call them at +855 1230 0249. Mr Kun was very nice and helpful....great English as well.
At first it seemed a bit out of the city center, but once we got to know the city, that wasn't a bad thing really. It's quiet at night, and an easy tuk tuk home. Loved Battambang the city as well, and it's worth doing a tour through Mr. Kun's tuk tuk driver MR. HAPPY. Lovely guy and gave us a great one day tour for $30 for 4 of us! Much better value than other ones we looked at. Great place to stay and well worth a visit if you're in Cambodia....SEE THE BATS!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank biglou6
Reviewed April 7, 2013

So much to say about this lovely place...

I booked few days in advance, after reading so many good reviews on TripAdvisor. Mr.Kun was really kind and helpful over the phone, and I already felt that I could trust him. I arrived in Battambang by boat and a tuk-tuk driver was there waiting for me. He brought me to My Homestay, which is in a quiet residential area about 5 to 10 minutes outside the city. I felt like I was going to a friend of a friend's house, Mr.Kun and his family being so welcoming and friendly.

The room was great, beautiful, clean, comfortable and quiet. I took one with air-conditioning which was few dollars more but worth it.

Mr.Kun explained me all about Battambang and the surroundings and helped me to plan my stay there. He has many tuk-tuk drivers working for him so he arranged my excursions for the two following days. Travelling by myself, I also asked him to let me know if anyone would like to join, which he kindly did. The two days visiting Battambang area were amazing, make sure not to miss the Bamboo train and the bats!

My stay in Battambang was wonderful, thanks to Mr.Kun and his family. I definitely recommend to stay there!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Estefania1410
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Out of my travels in south east Asia this has to be the best experience I had in a guesthouse. Before I arrived Mr. Kun emailed me a suggested itinerary for what I should do for my short stay in Battambang, I picked and chose the things I was interested in seeing and by the time I arrived he had it all planned out for me. Hire the tuk tuk driver from him, I hired one from town (not the guesthouse) and the driver tried to scam me all day, asking me to buy him a drink, trying to get me to change guesthouse, etc. but the next day I hired one of Mr Kuns drivers (Lim), he spoke excellent English and even acted as a guide explaining things that I was seeing throughout the day, also the driver made sure I was paying Cambodian prices for anything I was buying under his watch, they really look after you. Room was absolutely beautiful, and as other reviews have said I always got a nice helping of fruit every time I came in for the night. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Prof A
Reviewed March 7, 2013

How I rate hotels. Star ratings for hotels are based upon facilities and services. It is easy to find the star rating for any hotel. I rate hotel based upon the experience. For example, a 2 star hotel may provide a 4 circle experience.

I stayed in 8 different properties during a recent trip to Southeast Asia. Two of the properties rated a "5" and My Homestay was the best of those two. It's best described as "Simple Elegance". The rooms have separate areas for sleeping and just relaxing. Kun and his wife were very gracious. The Kymer breakfasts each morning was a perfect way to start the day. Mr Kun would drop by and explain a little about the food. each evening, they deliver fresh fruit to each room. Amazing!!!! You feel honored just by staying here..

Room Tip: Get the AC
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo