“Amazing stay in Battambang!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Battambang My Homestay

Battambang My Homestay
Ranked #1 of 46 Battambang B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing stay in Battambang!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

So much to say about this lovely place...

I booked few days in advance, after reading so many good reviews on TripAdvisor. Mr.Kun was really kind and helpful over the phone, and I already felt that I could trust him. I arrived in Battambang by boat and a tuk-tuk driver was there waiting for me. He brought me to My Homestay, which is in a quiet residential area about 5 to 10 minutes outside the city. I felt like I was going to a friend of a friend's house, Mr.Kun and his family being so welcoming and friendly.

The room was great, beautiful, clean, comfortable and quiet. I took one with air-conditioning which was few dollars more but worth it.

Mr.Kun explained me all about Battambang and the surroundings and helped me to plan my stay there. He has many tuk-tuk drivers working for him so he arranged my excursions for the two following days. Travelling by myself, I also asked him to let me know if anyone would like to join, which he kindly did. The two days visiting Battambang area were amazing, make sure not to miss the Bamboo train and the bats!

My stay in Battambang was wonderful, thanks to Mr.Kun and his family. I definitely recommend to stay there!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Estefania1410

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Out of my travels in south east Asia this has to be the best experience I had in a guesthouse. Before I arrived Mr. Kun emailed me a suggested itinerary for what I should do for my short stay in Battambang, I picked and chose the things I was interested in seeing and by the time I arrived he had it all planned out for me. Hire the tuk tuk driver from him, I hired one from town (not the guesthouse) and the driver tried to scam me all day, asking me to buy him a drink, trying to get me to change guesthouse, etc. but the next day I hired one of Mr Kuns drivers (Lim), he spoke excellent English and even acted as a guide explaining things that I was seeing throughout the day, also the driver made sure I was paying Cambodian prices for anything I was buying under his watch, they really look after you. Room was absolutely beautiful, and as other reviews have said I always got a nice helping of fruit every time I came in for the night. Highly recommended.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Prof A
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

How I rate hotels. Star ratings for hotels are based upon facilities and services. It is easy to find the star rating for any hotel. I rate hotel based upon the experience. For example, a 2 star hotel may provide a 4 circle experience.

I stayed in 8 different properties during a recent trip to Southeast Asia. Two of the properties rated a "5" and My Homestay was the best of those two. It's best described as "Simple Elegance". The rooms have separate areas for sleeping and just relaxing. Kun and his wife were very gracious. The Kymer breakfasts each morning was a perfect way to start the day. Mr Kun would drop by and explain a little about the food. each evening, they deliver fresh fruit to each room. Amazing!!!! You feel honored just by staying here..

Room Tip: Get the AC
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank e3brown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had a lovely three night stay here, coming from Siem Reap on route to Phnom Penh. We wanted to save our cash, so easily pre booked direct a room without air-con by Email. We arrived exhausted from a 'far too long' and in the 'direct heat' lengthly boat trip so were so pleased when we arrived to know that we had succeeded with our reservation. Clean, new, well maintained, quiet, peaceful and absolutely lovely host family who are kind, genuine, hard working, accommodating and helpful when asked. It was lovely to have chilled water and fresh fruit delivered by hand when we got back in the evening, we both appreciated the fresh and contrasting breakfasts served daily, and for us, the short and safe ten or so minute walk into town was always a pleasure for us. It was like staying in a posh neighbourhood out of town and then walking in to the restaurants and 'where it was all happening' whenever we wanted to. Would always go back if the opportunity arose.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank buck_stephen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

This guesthouse is much more than just a place to sleep. It's very clean, the rooms are nice, aircon, fridge, daily room service, free bottled water every day ... But it's the owner who really makes it such a great place to be. It's rare to meet anyone so attentive and helpful! He always went out of his way to ensure we had a great stay, organizing transport to and from the guesthouse for us, tuk-tuks to town and welcoming us back with a plate of fresh fruit every evening. If you do decide to see the countryside make sure you go with "Happy" - he is a superb guide and really nice guy. Breakfast is beautiful, very tasty and something different that you should definitely try. Must admit that I probably couldn't eat breakfast Khmer style (springrolls, pancakes filled with minced chicken, stirfried noodles ..) every morning but during our stay it was part of the cultural experience :). Thank you so much my homestay-Team, we loved staying with you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank flauschipoohbear
Beijing, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

After a 10-hour boat ride from Siem Reap, I was grateful to arrive at the beautiful home of Mr. Kun and his family. The rooms were clean, the A/C powerful, and Mr. Kun helped us get a good dinner that night, and plan our travels for the next two days. He takes great care of his guests!

The rooms are clean and comfortable, but there is no hot shower. I was terrified by a rather large spider that was in the window (on the outside) but Mr. Kun's family helped get rid of it quickly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SuperRutyQuail
Oosterhout, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a good place you stay during your visit in Battambang. Mr. Kun is very clever and nice. He can tell you everything you want to now. Here we had the best breakfasts during our whole trip! The rooms are good, nice and clean. You can arrange trips to see the area by Tuk-tuk with mr. Bun. please ask for him! He was so nice! He showed us a lot there is to see on the countryside. We remember that day as a really good day we’ve learned a lot from!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple