All reviews wooden sculptures the river hotel is clean within easy walking distance rates
Selected filters
Reviewed February 27, 2018

The customer services were nice and I received a very warm welcome, however, the night that I stayed, the air-con was broken and I requested to change the room - they did not change for me and I stayed in the HEAT all night.

Very disappointed.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

We have used this hotel 3 times in the last 5 years. The rooms have always been clean and the staff helpful. It is within easy walking distance of a number of restaurants and also the park along the river is a nice place to walk. This property is not luxury, but for the price it is a solid value.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2018 via mobile

Hotel is clean basic and functional. Fairly dated. Fine for limited budgets. Be aware that next door there is a very very loud chinese karaoke and another restaurant playing drum and bass and they work to drown each other out. This means you have very loud music audible
In your room until after 11pm

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2017

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and have mixed feelings about it. Staff seemed friendly and willing to help but the rooms were disappointing. First two nights we stayed on a upper floor room because we asked for a quiet room but unfortunately this was nothing like it; karaoke at the bar next door until 11/12, next morning at 6 loud daily prayers start following by noisy cleaners in the hallways. For the last night we were able to change rooms  and stayed at a lower floor room on the other side of the hotel which was quiet but had insects running around and a leaky shower. On a scale of 1 to 5 it ends at 2,5 since 20bucks/night here is overpriced regarding our standards.

Room tip: Facing the hotel the most quiet rooms are on the right. Other side is bothered by a karaoke bar and early morning prayers.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Vy Chhe Hotel is a clean place to sleep, with good A/C and comfortable beds.

However, the management is kind of shady. When we arrived, I handed the receptionist a print-out of my reservation, which also had my whole itinerary stapled to the back of it. For some reason, the manager had the receptionist make photocopies of my ENTIRE itinerary.

I kept saying "No, only the front page is for this hotel, those are for my other hotels," but the manager just said "We have to confirm, we have to confirm." His demeanor was such that he realized what he was doing was weird and unnecessary, but he was going to do it anyway.

That made my fiance and I feel very uneasy about our stay. I'm still not sure what the manager did with that information, or why he needed copies of every hotel we would be staying in during our time Cambodia. So, if you choose to stay at Vy Chhe, make sure that you do not let the manager see that you have an itinerary printed out. Who knows what he does with that info.

Date of stay: August 2017