“Worth going for a look”
Review of Battambang Resort

Battambang Resort
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Battambang
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Jan and the team at Battambang resort could not be more helpful. They kept in contact so as to pick us up off of the bus, made us so at home and sitting around the pool there is just amazingly relaxing. They told us we must go to the circus - they were right. Great little attraction and worth ever cent. The food at the Resort was also fabulous - overall great value for money and a bit out of the main part of town so nice and quiet.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Battambang Resort

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

As we drove in tuk tuk to resort we wonders if 10 min drive would be worth it? This was quickly answered when on having our welcome drink one of the owners (Phari) came to our table in the amazing lounge, sat down and welcomed us. Local information in hand, she has a warmth for people that is rare. This seems to set the tone for this resort. The staff have great English but are keen to know more and so graciously chat as they serve your meal, etc.
This is the best team of staff I have ever met.
Not one to engage others at meals, I found myself asking their names, such was the warmth.
We ate in their restaurant the first night and was amazed. When your on a good thing stick to it so we ate there again the second night.
They helped with planning our days. You can walk to local community for coffee or meal and you will be only foreigner there.

If only these guys were in Australia they would be a weekly visit

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed 7 days in the new modern resort.
The excellent food was very reasonably priced. This meant there was no need to eat out.
All the staff were very helpful and friendly, so much so, the managment (Phary) drove me to the medical centre for an existing eye problem , at no cost to me. I was given very good medical help and at very cheap cost. Phary translated all the way thru. Many thanks.
I will definitely recommend the Battembong Resort to every one and stay there again.
Andy from UK

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I didn't stay in the Hotel, but I came for several days to get away from the hustle and the loud music from the wedding ceremonies next door. The owners and the staff are very friendly. She showed me the organic vegetable garden they have - outstanding for Cambodia. I ate their own brown organic rice and the dishes were very tasty and it is one of the few places where I feel nourished and satisfied as a Vegetarian. If you have the budget to stay here - do so. You can't get it wrong with this place, except that it is some km away frome the center. Just the way I like it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Shivananda A
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed for a relaxing 4 nights in the garden rooms. The welcome was great and the food was excellent at every choice we made from the menu....ingredients from the garden where possible.

The pool area and gardens are well planned out with loungers to relax on.

One of the strengths here are the staff who are so friendly....you don't feel like a 'number'.

Just a few points to note: prepare yourself it may not be as peaceful as you hoped. Due to rural nature of the resort (more like a boutique hotel) you will most likely be having a lot of 'background' music ie. loud wedding music playing 24/7..... It is wedding season!
We didn't mind...it added to the experience.

Thank you!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have to say, we just went there for 24 hours, a trip from Phnom Penh to Battambang and back to Phnom Penh, but it was really worth it!! We had the best time, the best food, chilling, swimming!! I honestly never slept so well in any hotel in Cambodia, I visited a lot of hotels in Cambodia the last 5 years, but the bed was awesome. Overall, we had a great time!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights at Battambang Resort. Great room, super pool, very good restaurant. What sets this apart is the hands-on involvement of the owners. Phary is charming and organized our sightseeing and activities in Battambang. She recommended a restaurant in town, but we think that the restaurant at the resort was way better!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple