“wonderful food!”

Ranked #9 of 126 Restaurants in Battambang
Cuisines: Asian, Cambodian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Things to do in Battambang, Nary Kitchenn and Restaurant offers Khmer food cooking classes in English for travellers.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The owner is charming and the food very authentic and reasonably priced. He also sells a cookbook. a bit out ot the way but worth stopping in for lunch

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I ate here two nights ago and throughly enjoyed our experience. My Khmer chicken curry was delicious and my friends fish amok was great too. We also shared spring rolls, which went down very easily.

The host, presumably the owner, was very polite and helpful, giving great customer service throughout.

My only slight issue was with the wait for our food. We arrived when only two other people were eating in the restaurant, and it took a lengthy amount of time for the food to arrive. Three other tables arrived after us so I'm unsure how long their food took to arrive.

I would highly recommend Nary Kitchen restaurant for its food, pricing and above all hosting. Don't be deterred by my comment on the wait for food, just be aware that it takes time to make good food and it's well worth the wait!

Alex

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Me and my classmate had to arrange something in Battambang for our study trip to Asia.
We decided to go for a cooking class and found Toot and Nary on the internet. Toot was very helpful and answered our e-mails very quickly.

We had to arrange a cooking class for 32 people. Toot told us it was not a problem.
When we arrived everything went great and we all enjoyed the cooking class.

Now we are enjoying the traditional Khmer dishes at home in Holland, thanks to our recipe books they gave us.

I definitely reccomend you all to visit Nary Kitchen for some good and traditional Cambodian food.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Good food and nice owner trying to make a business with the cooking school. Food was tasty. I had the fish amok. It was very quiet on Monday night only one other table. No vibe going on. No ambience in the decor. Actually no decor. Street front is dead boring. It was okay for my first night in town as it was a short walk from the star hotel but wasn't a good first impression of battambang as a funky town... When actually it has a lot of very cool places with cool people.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

One of my best favorite restaurant in Battambang, for their fish amok, their coconut soup ... 2 friends of mine did the cooking lessons and said good things about them.
With average price for the good quality.
Expect to wait 20 mn at least for food. So a good book or good company is compulsory, ah ah ah.