Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

All reviews bat cave great guide friendly guy local culture bamboo train pao knowledge history english driver asia countryside highlights caves information sights bats
Selected filters
Reviewed December 12, 2019

My mom, sister and I were only visiting Battambang for 1 day, but Pov made sure it was an unforgettable trip! He’s humble, smart, has a sense of humor and genuinely a great person. First we went to the bamboo train, then we went to the bat caves for the sunset and he took us to the secret spot, and we ended our trip by taking a Jeep to the top of the mountain and seeing the pagodas and killing cave. He came with us to see everything (except bamboo train) and gave us a crash course on everything we saw. Seeing is one thing, but learning is another! We saw a beautiful sunset... the photos speak for themselves! If you’re planning a trip, let Pov show you how beautiful Battambang is!!

Date of experience: December 2019
paostuktukexperience, Manager at Mr. Pov Battambang Amazing Tour, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2019

Thank you very much for booking my tour and spend your time write an excellent reviews for me and I wish you good luck every time with your friend,also your family and l hope see you again next time

Reviewed September 9, 2019

The tours we did with Pao have been amazing and definitely worth it. Pao really loves to tell Tourist a lot about Cambodia, the history, the culture and the language. He showed us many beautiful places around Battambang that are not so crowded. It was really a unique experience. Definitely one of the best trips we did on our holiday.

Date of experience: September 2019

Reviewed September 9, 2019

We had two amazing trips with Mr. Pov during our stay in Battambang.
The first day he picked us up in the hotel and took us to the bamboo train. Later on he brought us to the bat caves and explained us a lot about Cambodian history. Because of visiting the killing cave he explained a lot about the Khmer rouge and their influence in Cambodia. He showed us an amazing spot for sunset and even clined with us on the mountain and gave us information about the millions of bat's which fly out of the cave every evening. On the way home he put out the music box and showed us local music and also wants to know music from our home. The day was so great that we directly booked him for the next day to get to the lotus lake. On the way there we stopped to try local fruits or crickets or other food. He told us a few words in Khmer language and was also very interested in our daily life....

All in all it was an amazing trip. He was more then only a guide. He was super friendly, a good teacher and we laughed a lot. I can only recommend him.

Date of experience: September 2019
paostuktukexperience, Owner at Mr. Pov Battambang Amazing Tour, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2019

Reviewed August 30, 2019

He personalized the tour for me. He often stopped on the side of the road to show me things (fruits, rice...) that I didn’t know. Very educational and interesting. An unforgettable experience. One of the best tours and tour guides I have ever taken. Highly highly recommend.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 19, 2019

We spent one day tour with Pao that included all the main attractions, it was a great experience! He took us around the city and around the country side in order to observe the traditional activities! You can try to cut banana with local people and observe the process to make rice paper, dried banana or rice wine! Pao is friendly, funny and makes you feel at home!
Highly recommended if you want to live like a local for one day!

Date of experience: August 2019