“backpacker hangout”

Ranked #23 of 119 Restaurants in Battambang
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The White Rose is the long-standing backpacker hangout in the center of town. Other than its outdoor and central location, its offerings are pretty run-of-the mill, although adequate: fruitshakes, beer, stir-fry, etc. but nothing too exciting or memorable. Used to be a hangout for beggars and street kids, but I think this has been remedied.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Food was ok, but it took absolutely ages to get served - at least half an hour before they took my order. Fine if you're passing, but I wouldn't go out of my way to come here.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Honestly we did not eat there;-) but we had great fruit shakes which are the best ever. But I would personally not recommend to eat there much better local choices available around town.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We've eaten here a few times and the food is pretty good. But it is a great place to go for some late night ice cream. Seating for large groups upstairs.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Most reviews on this site and others say this place is fantastic. I ordered the beef lok lak which was lacking in flavour and quite tough. The service was average and the place quite dirty but the prices are very cheap. Not the best experience but maybe I got them on an off day!