“Nice place in a sad city” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Milan, Italy
“Nice place in a sad city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is a very nice, clean, little restaurant/cafeteria. One of the best places to rest in town, good internet connection. Plus, it is run by women who try and empower themselves and other poor girls of the area: they give advice on topics such as small business management, hygene, cooking.

• Visited February 2014

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Sublime...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Came here for our first breakfast of the year: what a way to start the year!!! We had freshly made banana bread, a mocha frappe and omelette. All were utterly delicious! We returned later on for cinnamon scrolls too, as we had heard of their fame, as they didn't disappoint either. The only downside: so much choice, so many delicious looking pasties and other sweet delights, that we had a hard time not taking 'one of everything' and weren't in town long enough to do so...

Really friendly service too, from memory. Frappes to die for!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Canberra
“Breads, muffins and pastries with substance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Sunrise's menu is western oriented, but don't expect anything mediterranean. If you just want that blander Aussie/British/Yankee style meal, they do it reasonably well. Their forte is their bakery... about as good as it gets in Cambodia. The ladies who run the cafe work long hard hours baking fresh every day. If you like wholemeal bread, this is the loaf to get in Battambang.

Visited January 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Miserable unfriendly service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Lonely planet bills this place as Battambang's answer to Starbucks and their choice of coffee is certainly extensive but the main woman in there has to be the most miserable unfriendly person I've come across in Cambodia- spend your money elsewhere!

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't go back!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Tried this place for breakfast ONCE. The service put me off as I didn't find the staff friendly at all. The menu stated coffee or another option was coffee with refills which they charged more for. I pointed out I wanted the coffee with refills option, and during my stay I had 3 coffees. I was given the bill before I left, being charged for 2 coffees. I checked the menu, which still stated ' refills ' so all clear there, before I took my bill to the counter to tell them of their mistake. They told me you only get one refill, even though I pointed at the menu for them, showing it stated ' with refills ' . No ifs, no buts, you pay for 2 coffees.

Both the coffee and the encounter left a bad taste in my mouth.

Wouldn't return again.