“This " top " retuarant will expect you to leave by 9.00pm”
Review of La Villa

La Villa
Ranked #44 of 111 Restaurants in Battambang
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“This " top " retuarant will expect you to leave by 9.00pm”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I tried to book for a meal after the circus that asked me to leave the circus early as they close at 9.oopm? This in an ex french Colonial town? I thought better of it.. The menue didn't look that interesting.

Visited November 2012

Phnom Penh
“A jewel in the wilderness”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Wonderful Art Deco building, good food - limited menu and not cheap but well worth a visit just for the architecture.

Visited October 2012
netherlands
“No happy end”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Yesterday we went to the Villa restaurant. We live already 10 months in Battambang . Curious about the good revieuws. By entering everything oke. We took a table outside and still all good. The maincourse came directly after the starter. To quick we think. But the food was good. WHile we ate the staff started already to clean the tables around us, so it does not look very inviting. However some other people had there dinner the staff showed us that the place was closing soon. WHile we had a desert ( also good ) the staff was already changing there cloths. Then we ask for a espresso. They have a machine. We got a qiuck made dirty cambodian/vietnamese coffee. This was for us enough. Did not drink it, paid our bill and left the place. We wanted to have a nice dinner evening. Entered the restaurant at 7.45 pm and go out at 9.00 pm. Happy we did not order the bottle of wine.

• Visited September 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, beautiful setting”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have visited this restaurant a few times, and I have never been disappointed. The menu offers a mixture of French and Khmer food, and both are done very well indeed. One of the things I love most about this restaurant is the setting - the outside courtyard is just beautiful, and a wonderful place to spend a long, relaxing evening. The staff are friendly and attentive, and although the food isn't cheap by Cambodian standards, it is worth spending the money - the gratin dauphinoise, the French onion soup, and the chocolate mousse are all to die for. (I have it on good authority that the steaks are excellent too.) I was pleasantly surprised to find food this good in Battambang, and I will definitely be back next time I'm in town.

• Visited November 2011
Columbus, Ohio
“Fancy, but not stuffy”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

La Villa remains one of the only places in town to get an upscale meal that meets Western standards for atmosphere and service.

The colonial villa itself is stunning. If I had the money, I'd stay at the hotel in a heartbeat. It's an oasis of grace in a town that is still a bit gritty and backwater.

The food is expensive for Battambang, but it really is a great value. They do totally solid pastas and European-style fish and meat dishes, and have enough Khmer food on the menu to keep curious diners interested.

This is a great date night or special occasion restaurant. At home, I wouldn't find the food remarkable, but for Battambang, Cambodia, this is about the best you can get if you need a break from the native cuisine.

• Visited June 2012