“Nice rooms, Horrible customer service.”

The Khemara Battambang I Hotel
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Battambang
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Nice rooms, Horrible customer service.”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed 3 nights at this hotel. When we arrived staff hardly spoke english, and had no record of our booking. Luckily a man that helped us with our bags managed to help and sort out this problem. He explained to us that all staff here are 'learning'.
Our room is very big with comfortable bed and nice size bathroom.
Dont eat in the restaurant unless you want to wait 50 minutes for your very basic meal...

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Lauren E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was there this November. It was my 4th time there. It was disapointed stay this time. The hotel needs an urgent renovate, I guess. The room and furniture seems old with age and that why I said it need to be renovated. The room was not clean properly. My room's floor was dirty. Even though, the bed was still comfortable and after a long day I still had a good night sleep. However, My girls and me still love the poo. I may be back there again next time if they renovate this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mississauga, Ontario
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Reasonably pleasant in terms of the guest rooms, common area and pool deck, but staff members seem to have no idea about how to provide guests with even the most basic level of service.

They regularly disappear from the poolside bar during happy hour, stand around in the dining room oblivious to the need for cutlery supplies or napkins and gather on the stairs between floors for long afternoon giggles while rooms lack things like adequate towels or toilet paper.

Instead of providing staff with much needed training, management posted signs in the stairwell on the morning we left stating, and I quote, "No Work Banned". Something may have been lost in translation, but then, the maids didn't appear to speak English.

Nice place, shame about the management!

Room Tip: Can't comment on value, as I was with a tour group.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank on2wheelz

Travelers are raving about these Battambang hotels

Singapore
Reviewed November 1, 2013

this is a good and cheap provincial hotel. Pool and Gym were a hit. room was very large and sleep quality was excellent. Down wide was the internet was slow (but it is rural Cambodia!) and English was a challenge for many of the staff.
I will stay again when I come back to Battambang.

Room Tip: hallways have stone floors so can be noisy in the morning...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank StevePeters64
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just an ok hotel. Nice size rooms with balconies and great pool. Bed comfortable enough. Staff a little indifferent. Location fine. Average bathroom and shower. Rooms a little tired and quite basic. Average restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The whole place is done nicely , nice big swimming pool , the staff were delightful . Our room was large enough and had good air conditioning , it was clean and had all amenities . Breakfast not so good but cheap , buffett style . great value and convenient .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
THAOSOKMUNY, Guest Relations Manager at The Khemara Battambang I Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thanks for taking your valuable time to write this review. It is great to hear that you like Khemara, the pool, the breakfast, amenities and environment, the great value that you got. Thanks for choosing Khemara Battambang 1 Hotel as your home away from home. Hope you'll come back and stay again at Khemara.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel with our friends one night, the breakfast was local and nice but it is not include the price (3$). There's nice sauna, steam room, massage and gym, costs around 3 to 10 dollars. The room and bathroom was in average. In the morning there was a construction going on next to our room, that was little bit annoying.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
THAOSOKMUNY, Guest Relations Manager at The Khemara Battambang I Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Khemara Battambang 1 Hotel as your accommodation in Battambang. I also thank you for taking your time to write this review. It is great to hear that your like the breakfast, the sauna etc. and I also regret to hear that there some construction sound nearby disturbed you in the morning. For breakfast the hotel hotel guests have their own choice to include or exclude in the room rate. The morning breakfast has Asian and Western foods at reasonable price and at good quality. For the bathroom as you mention it is an average but the hotel try its best to make it clean. Again thanks for your feedback and we commit to improve our services to make your stay comfortable as a home away from home. Hope you will stay at the Khemara 1 again in the future. Wish you all the best.