“Excellent value - amazing pool!”

The Khemara Battambang I Hotel
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Battambang
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent value - amazing pool!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

When we booked a $15 triple room, we did not expect something this good - the rooms were modern, very clean and comfortable, and quite fancy, with very good A/C, the bathrooms were large with piping hot water, and the enormous swimming pool was a wonderful surprise! There is also a gym on site, but we didn't get the chance to use it. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful and will show you to your room, recommend places to go, and arrange trips and transport for you. My only small niggles are that it's a little bit out of town and not that many tuk-tuks pass by, so make sure you arrange transport to and from town, and the food at the hotel wasn't the best I'd had in Battambang, but this wasn't really a problem for us as the rates are room-only, and there are loads of good places to eat in town, so we just ate elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Hannah K
THAOSOKMUNY, Guest Relations Manager at The Khemara Battambang I Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Khemara Battambang 1 Hotel as your accommodation during your visit to Battambang. Through your feed back, your choosing was the right choice. You mentioned that it was beyond your expectation. You like the room (the cleanliness, the A/C, the size of the bathroom, the hot water, the comfort of the bed) the pool, the staff friendliness, the cleanliness etc. . Thanks for the feedback. Hope you'll come gain and get more value.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tumbuctu
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Of course there are many hotel better than this in the world. But for only 15$ per night you have a nice and clean room with AC, cable, hot shower... a huge pool waits for you for the hot days. What do we need more?

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jamie_KTumbuctu
Thanks for your excellent short review. As you mentioned, you like the Khemara Battambang 1 very much as it provided you excellent value. It seems it was beyond your expectation. It is really a fair judgement to our rate at services provided. Hope you'll come again.
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was there last November with my husband my little girls and my parents. We chose two connected rooms (the girls loved to that kind of rooms). The rooms were clean and comfortable. The room rates were acceptable (15$ or 20$ per room/night). The furniture were new. Oh my girls love the pool so much! After relaxing at the pool, you surely need some delicious food for dinner and I would recommend the Khmer Food in the restaurant " Toek Kreung Battambang". The service was a little slow, so you need to wait. For me, I order the food before-hand ( when we're still at the pool) so when my girls finish their washing the food would be ready by then. The buffet breakfast was so so. I'll definitely go back soon there. Highly recommended for couple with young children!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sochivyheng
THAOSOKMUNY, Guest Relations Manager at The Khemara Battambang I Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thanks for the review. Great to know your kids enjoyed the pool. We are also happy to hear that you like the pool, the furniture and the foods. As you said you stay at this hotel for the third time this means you satisfy with the services at this great rate. Thanks for spending your valuable time to write this review and your loyalty. Hope you will come back and stay at Khemara 1 again.
USA
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed in this property for two nights in June 2012. Was provided with one of the VIP rooms that was really a well appointed, clean and comfortable room..... problem though, this room was right next to the Karaoke/disco and you hear the bass from the music until 2am. Just make sure that you asked to stay away from that club....

The hotel is very nice and the prices are great, located in a quaint corner of the city within easy reach of the large hotels, restaurants etc.

Room Tip: Stay away from the karaoke bar! very noisy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Hoach
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We booked 6 nights, choosing to stay at this hotel largely because of the pool, for my 2 year old son. However, when we arrived we were disappointed to find out that the pool was "closed for repairs" for the next couple of weeks. There had been no mention of this when we booked, and no prior warning whatsoever. My son soon became bored with very little to do nearby (its a ten minute drive into town). We had booked the VIP room, but there were no clothes hangers. After me asking on two separate occasions they then provided me with 1 hanger, for a 6 night stay for 3 people!!! I was reluctant to ask a third time as some of the reception staff were quite unfriendly. Not being allowed a second key to the room was also logistically difficult at times. We left after three nights as we were disappointed with the overall service.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank mrjcook

Travelers are raving about these Battambang hotels

east bay
Reviewed May 22, 2012

A team of 14 stayed here for 9 nights in May 2012. The hotel is very nice with all the services and amenities on-site (pool, spa, fitness center, restaurant). For the price (about $15/night) this is a bargain for this level of quality in BB. There is a small market across the street that sells water, beer, snacks, etc. Very convenient!
The only issue any of us had was that there is only one key per room. All of the electronics (including a/c) are controlled by the key inserted into the switch by the door. Each key has a chip embedded, so only the actual room key will work. At other places, we have used credit cards, business cards, even a hanger...but not here. If you are paired up in a room, as we were, it can become a hassle if one person wants to hang out at the pool and the other is sleeping in the room.
Eventually, I would just tell the front desk that I left the key in the room and needed someone to come let me in (my roommate was sick in bed and I did not want to wake him every time I needed back in).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank simpleman316
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed here in March for 4 nights. Enjoyed my stay here. Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean, tidy and well-appointed rooms. The pool is great and kept clean. They do a fantastic breakfast for $ 3. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank NZfour
THAOSOKMUNY, Guest Relations Manager at The Khemara Battambang I Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thanks for your short positive review. I also thank you for choosing Khemara Battambang 1 Hotel as your accommodation during your visit to Battambang in March 2012. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Khemara 1 as you said you liked the room, the pool, the breakfast and the staff services. You said you will stay again. Thanks!