“A little bit expensive but delicious”
Review of Gecko Cafe - CLOSED

Gecko Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My tuk tuk driver recommended this one to me, and tole me it was the best in town. It was a little bit too western style, from the decoration, the style and the choice of food. But it was really delicious. I recommended the coconut chicken, sour and sweet flavor, tasted exotic. And the mix fruit shake was only available here. You can choose two or three kinds of fruit to mix up together to make a glass of milk shake. I chose blackberry, raspberry and strawberry, it tasted good.

A drink and a main course cost me about 8 dollars, it was really not cheap in such a small town. But it's ok if you do not consider you are in Cambodia, lol.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stumbled across this place and had some lunch here - it was so good that we went back the next day for some more! The food was tasty, large portions and the shakes really lovely (try the mint cooler!) The staff were very friendly and you can't help applaud the business sentiment of providing living wages to staff.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Great venue, great food, and for Cambodia the food came out in relatively good time! Great support to the local community too

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Used to be great I guess but not now. Service was lousy, they messed up our order and the food was only average. Plenty of other great places around so just keep walking.

geckocafebattambang, Owner at Gecko Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you very much for being a repeat guest at Gecko Cafe. We hope you will return and allow us the chance to improve your experience with us! -Owners

Reviewed January 25, 2014

On a previous visit to Battambang (2012) I particularly enjoyed the Lime Mint freeze drink - I would go just for that and would occasionally have a bite to eat as well. Their dishes have never been a strong point but after my recent meal of an enchilada... woeful. Loads of sugar and salt without flavour. My friend had curry - described as "not western, not asian... just blergh with frozen crinkle cut veges".